+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check-March AOR 2021

buzzard

Star Member
Dec 7, 2019
He meant to say "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message"
I can't tell from both the status's which one is the real one. I think it varies a lot. I have just one status from begining. "We are processing" my last update was the bc didn't start but all else were done. So the last G host update from last week could be my BG starting, but then it didn't change to "in progress".

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
I can't tell from both the status's which one is the real one. I think it varies a lot. I have just one status from begining. "We are processing" my last update was the bc didn't start but all else were done. So the last G host update from last week could be my BG starting, but then it didn't change to "in progress".
Well I will say consider yourself lucky that it didn't change to your application is in progress. It just takes 15-20 days extra. We don't know for sure what they are doing. Everyday we are waiting for the updates and not getting any is way frustrating. I can't explain how much worried I am in words. Everyday stress, anxiety and uncertainty. My friend who applied with me got portal email.

LonelyT-Rex

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
Well I will say consider yourself lucky that it didn't change to your application is in progress. It just takes 15-20 days extra. We don't know for sure what they are doing. Everyday we are waiting for the updates and not getting any is way frustrating. I can't explain how much worried I am in words. Everyday stress, anxiety and uncertainty. My friend who applied with me got portal email.
Exactly how I feel

buzzard

Star Member
Dec 7, 2019
Ok, going by what other applicants posts here, I have interpreted the status " In Progress" as a sign of real progress. And I was hoping that my status would change to that. But I also saw a few others whose status remained "we are processing" and got their Copr. Hope we all get ours soon. I had to apply for my TRV as well not knowing how long this would take. The current one will expire in a couple of months. And the TRV processing time is now same as PR application.
Also waiting for is my second dose. :)

Last edited:

WhiteMocha

Mar 16, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-05-2021
LANDED..........
14-12-2018
I dont really understand if the BC change from " we are processing ...." to "your application is in progress..." is a good sign or not or something necessary. If you still can get COPR without any change in background, having "we are processing..." all the time, how they decide on that? My status changed to your application in progress last Friday, it means I need to wait it to change again to we are processing?

Scs123

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
I dont really understand if the BC change from " we are processing ...." to "your application is in progress..." is a good sign or not or something necessary. If you still can get COPR without any change in background, having "we are processing..." all the time, how they decide on that? My status changed to your application in progress last Friday, it means I need to wait it to change again to we are processing?
Not necessarily, these changes happen when someone update the fields, some times they update sometimes not, it's possible that ppl with BG could have passed everything too

WhiteMocha

Mar 16, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-05-2021
LANDED..........
14-12-2018
Thank you Scs123 for the answer. You mean one can also receive confirmation email while having "Your application in progress..." status?

88ovidos

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
You should start worrying when you elapse the 6 months processing time. Not hearing anything from them is NOT a bad sign.

And you have no reason to panic if you submit the right and authentic document.