+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check-March AOR 2021

LonelyT-Rex

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
For @tom93 and self it was nearly two months after eligibility passed. so, just wait for a bit (around 2 months), then you should see the update.

But the doubt is on VO. All these times, i was told sydney and rroc. And Now, it is Ottawa and Etobicoke.
Which one is correct ? o_O
So what was RROC doing for your application? Why it got stuck in there for so long ?

Vancitybh

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
So what was RROC doing for your application? Why it got stuck in there for so long ?
Tbh I think RROC is not bad at all at in processing because when you think about it, they mainly have to wait for third-party people to decide on Security and some aspects of Criminality. So, it is not completely under their control either.

morpheusmx

Apr 17, 2021
I have no idea what actually is happening. I did actually call them to confirm that any emails would be sent only to me rather to my lawyer who did my work permit extension since i did not use any rep for PR application.
I read some posts that lawyer who did WP extension are getting emails for PR but the applicant have not used any rep for PR application.
So, I called to confirm that with IRCC. Meanwhile, i asked about VO and status.

xinpin88

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
I have no idea what actually is happening. I did actually call them to confirm that any emails would be sent only to me rather to my lawyer who did my work permit extension since i did not use any rep for PR application.
I read some posts that lawyer who did WP extension are getting emails for PR but the applicant have not used any rep for PR application.
So, I called to confirm that with IRCC. Meanwhile, i asked about VO and status.
Not seeing any portal sent from RROC, I'm guessing that RROC only helps to clear background check then the cases are transferred to other VO to finalize.

morpheusmx

Apr 17, 2021
Not seeing any portal sent from RROC, I'm guessing that RROC only helps to clear background check then the cases are transferred to other VO to finalize.
Gotcha. So, that's the thing. And my local should be ideally Etobicoke since I am in Toronto. Let's see. Since it is Etobicoke, I believe it might take more time as applicants from Toronto will be more than any other location.

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
@morpheusmx I will recommend you to wait for another week and if you don't hear back then write an email to Ottawa office since you already passed all stages. There are chances that they may not do anything as you are still under 6 months time but it's worth a try.

mars_mars

Star Member
May 14, 2021
Mine is:

AoR - May 11.
Medical exam + Bio - May 31.
1st GU on June 8. BG was changed to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check".

Do you guys think that the eligibility was passed?

Reactions: itspossible9

HolmesZ

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
ehhhh, I think the RROC is the same department as the OSC OTTAWA ( Virtual Landing Unit) which issue the portal link . SO keep hope and positive, all of us in this centre would get portal soon. :)

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
@LonelyT-Rex You should get an update today. If not today then on Monday. I think we are not getting email for this ghost update so please keep watching your CIC account and let us know as soon as you get the ghost update.

Vancitybh

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Hey @morpheusmx , I think once your final decision is made, your primary and secondary VOs will switch, and in your case Etobicoke should issue your Copr. So many different layers of waiting, but you are almost there:p