+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Your action is required" message

CMcM

Aug 9, 2016
Yesterday I received an email saying that my application had been updated, so I logged in - in the "
View my submitted applications or profiles" section it says "your action is required" under details. When I click on "view status and messages" however, there aren't any messages. The only thing I can see that's changed is that background check now says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

Any idea what's going on here? Is there anything I'm supposed to do or did I just get the message because they've started my background check?

vineetnitr

Jun 27, 2017
Hi,

I had got the same message for my paper-based linked PNP application. I waited for a few days to get the message go away as there was nothing pending from my end inside the application. Finally, I gave them a call today and they advised that it is potentially an application glitch as many other people have received the same message recently who are not expected to perform any action. Just to reassure yourself, give them a call and they will confirm if any action is indeed required or not.

Cheers!!

nancygator

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
Hi, can I ask what's your status now? I have the same action required details for two weeks, but no message at all...

This gets me nervous. Many tks.
Yesterday I received an email saying that my application had been updated, so I logged in - in the "
View my submitted applications or profiles" section it says "your action is required" under details. When I click on "view status and messages" however, there aren't any messages. The only thing I can see that's changed is that background check now says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

Any idea what's going on here? Is there anything I'm supposed to do or did I just get the message because they've started my background check?