+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Young UK couple hopeful of Moving to Canada

tclay31

Mar 5, 2020
Hi all,

Myself and my partner after years of dreaming and three visits to Canada are finally ready to make it our home

We are from England, Sam is a primary school teacher and I am a Telecommunications engineer with a Fibre to the Home background.

We are wanting to know helpful advice on how to begin the process? What to do? How long does it take? What are the chances of success the first time of applying? How much money do we need to emigrate? Do we need a permanent position in a job before we get there?

That is only a few out of a million questions we have , but hopefully this forum can help us and put us in the right direction for the start of our journey to hopefully making Canada a home...

We are in the very early stages and looking for as much advice and help we can get!

Thanks

Tom and Samantha

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi Tom and Samantha,

you should put your and tom's profile in the CRS calculator and check to see if you score above 470.

If you do, then you have a great chance of qualifying to come over to Canada.

That's the first step. All other steps follow.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi all,

Myself and my partner after years of dreaming and three visits to Canada are finally ready to make it our home

We are from England, Sam is a primary school teacher and I am a Telecommunications engineer with a Fibre to the Home background.

We are wanting to know helpful advice on how to begin the process? What to do? How long does it take? What are the chances of success the first time of applying? How much money do we need to emigrate? Do we need a permanent position in a job before we get there?

That is only a few out of a million questions we have , but hopefully this forum can help us and put us in the right direction for the start of our journey to hopefully making Canada a home...

We are in the very early stages and looking for as much advice and help we can get!

Thanks

Tom and Samantha
Start here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry.html

Reactions: tclay31

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You will have to contact each province to see if you are able to get licensed as a teacher there and whether that will require extra training. Canada tends to have a surplus of teachers so you old have to look at what areas may get you on a supply list with some potential of eventually getting a permanent teaching job. The one big exception is if you are a French teacher. There is a need for French teacher throughout Canada.