+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

young student sponsoring her peruvian fiance (soon to be husband)

jstmarried

Aug 17, 2009
100% peru i had mines translated here due to time issues and him having to travel to lima to get these translations done i am sure there are other places to do but lima is alot quicker. I paid about 30 dollars per document plus a 20 dollar certified stamp fee. this was the cheapest i found i had 5 documents to translate. Marriage,birth, Policial,penal,judicial certificates.

jstmarried

Aug 17, 2009
My husband had some documents translated in lima and that about what he paid. 30 Sole compared to $30. Some charged 75 dollars for the first 200 words then 24 cents per word can you imagine. Actually i am seriously considering becoming a translator here good money i tell you.

thefairy

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
voided
LANDED..........
april the 4th 2009
I hear you! It took me a good amount of time calling numbers from the yellow pages! But I'm thankful I found a good certified translator and with reasonable prices. You just need to spend good time looking and looking!!

saralune

Star Member
Mar 17, 2009
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2009
Doc's Request.
11-2011
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011
Interview........
02-11-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2011, pick up friday !
do school certificate and such need to be translated as well ????

jstmarried

Aug 17, 2009
Hi the fairy, On a side note i had i followed your application on trackit it was a very fast process. Just a few questions for you when your application was transferred to lima how long after were you able to log in to see yr file in process?? did you ever recieve an aor???

thefairy

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
voided
LANDED..........
april the 4th 2009
Hi jstmarried!
No, we never received anything from the embassy til the day they called me to go to the embassy for an answer, they never required any additional documents, or interview, did never request my passport since they had it at the office at the moment because I had also applied for a trv, and no aor either...
I was able to see ecas since we got the sponsorship approval in mississagua, but it went from "in process" to "decision made" and never gave any details whatsoever.
Hope it helped!
-cheers.

thefairy

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
voided
LANDED..........
april the 4th 2009
And saralune, as far as I know school records are not needed for marriage or sponsorship application, but if you want to submit them with the pr application for any particular reason and they ate not in English or French, they you may want to translate them.
I will have to translate mine soon as I'm planning to attend college here in Canada, and they request my previous education records...

jstmarried

Aug 17, 2009
Well my husband went to an interview today for the application of the Tourist Visa, he travelled all the way to lima to Wait 2 hours for an interview that lasted 5 minutes lol, they wanted to verify his identity since he had lived here since 1993 on student visas and they have all his files at the consulate since then reviewing them wich they did not do the three times he applied before. I guess it was a good thing because they didn't deny the visa and still kept the passport. He asked them if he should stay in lima or go and of course wonderful answer we cant tell you to stay or go its up to you sir. My husband has decided to go back to his home and wait its been 10 days since the tourist visa application was submitted. We hope its good news for us.

thefairy

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
voided
LANDED..........
april the 4th 2009
Just be patient. They can take between 2-3 weeks to make a decision on the trv. Good luck, hope he gets it!!

jstmarried

Aug 17, 2009
my husband has gotten a call from the embassy to pick up his documents sep 2 i am guessing its a good thing because they took so long since getting the application.

saralune

Star Member
Mar 17, 2009
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2009
Doc's Request.
11-2011
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011
Interview........
02-11-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
thefairy said:
Just be patient. They can take between 2-3 weeks to make a decision on the trv. Good luck, hope he gets it!!
Hey,

I used the service of the lady you had recommended for the translation. I didn't deal directly with her. The in-laws did but it seems like everything worked out fine.

Thank you,
Sara

rollinsc

Aug 16, 2009
I am still having troubles. The thing is that in peru, even the websites give the wrong information. When i was trying to get a student visa last year I got all the documents that they said I would require on the website, but when I got to immigration they told me I needed a bunch of other papers. I ended up going to immigration 3 times because the next time I went they said I was now missing something ELSE (that they failed to inform me about the FIRST time around).

Ok it says I need a birth certificate. It must be an original but it say something about being RECENT. I was born in Sask. and there are different options here http://www.isc.ca/adx/asp/adxGetMedia.asp?DocID=2103,13,1,Documents&MediaID=3915&Filename=Application+for+a+Birth+Certificate+-+2009+01+07.pdf

I can order a "Certified Copy of the Original Registration" or I can get a GENEALOGICAL PHOTOCOPY or else a Birth Certificate itself. I am thrown off by them since they said an Original but it must be recent because it also says that they do not accept photo copies, legalized notaries of them. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? And more importantly, What type of certificate to do I need to order?

Also, is there a consulate of Peru in Vancouver?

This all seems so stressful!

saralune

Star Member
Mar 17, 2009
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2009
Doc's Request.
11-2011
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011
Interview........
02-11-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
you should maybe start a new thread looking for people from sask, who have done this.. I opened up the form and i must say tha ti have no idea.. there must be a place you could call to ask the differences or maybe online too

sorry i can 't help with this

PERUVIAN

Mar 7, 2011
thefairy said:
Hello,
Application was processed through the Lima office as well. Although we filed as conjugal partners, not spouses. Everything went fine and I'm now here in Canada :)
We are planning to get married next year in Peru though because that's where my family is. We are planning on getting married by both civil and religious ceremony. Have any tips you could share? We may not get married in Lima but in some other city as we would like a wedding in a small chappel preferibly in huaraz, cusco or some other place with nice colonial arquitechture and close to the mountains. Civil wedding may be in surco, Lima. So do you know where can I start with the tons of paperwork??
Thanks!
Hello, Did you applied as a conjugal partner and your aplication was aproved? i am peruvian and my conjugal partner is canadian and we are doing the same that really work or is better get marriage?

Reactions: want2know