+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Young South African family wanting to immigrate.

Ryan01

Dec 31, 2012
Hello,and a Happy New Year to you all :D

This is my first post and I would just like to say it is an absolutely awesome platform to get in touch and learn from others.
Let me give you guys a quick rundown of our situation.

I am 32 yrs old,my wife is 30 yrs and we have two daughters 13 and 4.I am a qualified Mechanic and have 6 years dealership
experience and 7 years experience overall.I work on Mercedes Benz vehicles and have worked at a BMW dealership on both BMW
and MINI vehicles.My wife has experience in the motor trade as well ,starting out as a receptionist she worked as a Service Advisor
for a few years at both BMW and Mercedes Benz.

We are wanting to immigrate to Canada and better our futures as well as our kids futures.With a lot of determination and hard work
we are confident that we can make a success of this change in our lives.

If there is anything anyone would like to share, any fellow South Africans, about the application process to the actual move,acquiring a job ,financial advice etc. please feel free.Anything will be appreciated ;D

Thank you and have an awesome 2013

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you are interested in immigrating through the Federal Skilled Worker program, then I would recommend you start reading through the following thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-fsw-points-criteria-announced-new-federal-skilled-trades-class-fstc-t115576.0.html

The FSW program is currently closed to applicants without job offers in Canada. This program will re-open to applicants without job offers in May. Expect there to be a flood of applications when the program opens. So if you qualify to apply, you'll need to be ready to send your application quickly once the flood gates open.

There's a fair amount of work you'll have to do to prepare your application in the next few months (including having the primary applicant take an English test). Again, I'd recommend you start by reading through the following thread to see what rules for May have already been announced (not all have yet) and what you can start doing now to prepare.

Good luck.

Ryan01

Dec 31, 2012
Thanks for the input scylla ,

I have been in contact with Mr David Cohen from Campbell Cohen and so if all goes well we should have the ball rolling pretty soon.

Mattheo77

Oct 21, 2013
hi there

How far have you and your family gotten with immigrating? We just started thinking about the move and honestly don't even know where to start, so very keen to hear other people in similar position's perspective especially on how much it costs and how soon things happen. We have read up so much and would like to go on the FSP programme, but don't understand whether we should look for a job first to get a employment offer or what?

Druce

Champion Member
Aug 6, 2012
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
NOC Code......
0621 - Retail and Wholesale Trade Manager
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MPNP 22 April 2014 CIC 22 September 2015
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
11 September 2015
AOR Received.
11 December 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
1 February 2016
Med's Request
4 August 2016
Med's Done....
10 August 2016 - Passed 31 August 2016 on myCIC
Interview........
noce
Passport Req..
12 Septmeber 2016
VISA ISSUED...
28 September 2016
LANDED..........
Mid December 2016 if all goes well!
Ryan01 said:
Hello,and a Happy New Year to you all :D

This is my first post and I would just like to say it is an absolutely awesome platform to get in touch and learn from others.
Let me give you guys a quick rundown of our situation.

I am 32 yrs old,my wife is 30 yrs and we have two daughters 13 and 4.I am a qualified Mechanic and have 6 years dealership
experience and 7 years experience overall.I work on Mercedes Benz vehicles and have worked at a BMW dealership on both BMW
and MINI vehicles.My wife has experience in the motor trade as well ,starting out as a receptionist she worked as a Service Advisor
for a few years at both BMW and Mercedes Benz.

We are wanting to immigrate to Canada and better our futures as well as our kids futures.With a lot of determination and hard work
we are confident that we can make a success of this change in our lives.

If there is anything anyone would like to share, any fellow South Africans, about the application process to the actual move,acquiring a job ,financial advice etc. please feel free.Anything will be appreciated ;D

Thank you and have an awesome 2013
Have you been successful in your effort to immigrate to Canada? Feel free to contact me via e-mail andre_d_t @ yahoo.com We have applied through Manitoba Provincial Nominations Program and we are from SA