+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Young professionals

mcnitec

Oct 26, 2018
hey there
I really need some help.
So I came to Canada with an open work permit last year and I wanna extend it it's the young professional visa. The director from a daycare wants to hire me as child care (worker) assistant and I already got from Germany experiences with working with kids (I didn't study tho) and I came to Canada as a live in nanny for nine months. If I would do a new medical exam how are my chances? Are these information enough as a proof?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hey there
I really need some help.
So I came to Canada with an open work permit last year and I wanna extend it it's the young professional visa. The director from a daycare wants to hire me as child care (worker) assistant and I already got from Germany experiences with working with kids (I didn't study tho) and I came to Canada as a live in nanny for nine months. If I would do a new medical exam how are my chances? Are these information enough as a proof?
1. You can't extend an IEC Young Professional work permit, it is only valid for 1 year.
2. You would have to apply for an IEC working holiday work permit when the pool opens.
3. Otherwise your employer would have to obtain an approved LMIA, after advertising for 1 month, on various sites, including the job bank, pay the $1000 fee, and demonstrate why no PRs/Canadians qualified for the position. Processing time for LMIA is about 4-5 months.

mcnitec

Oct 26, 2018
Hi

1. You can't extend an IEC Young Professional work permit, it is only valid for 1 year.
2. You would have to apply for an IEC working holiday work permit when the pool opens.
3. Otherwise your employer would have to obtain an approved LMIA, after advertising for 1 month, on various sites, including the job bank, pay the $1000 fee, and demonstrate why no PRs/Canadians qualified for the position. Processing time for LMIA is about 4-5 months.

Since I'm from Germany I'm eligible to apply for young professional visa cause I got an IEC working holiday visa before

mcnitec

Oct 26, 2018
Help please
Hi