+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Young Professionals: Justification of post secondary and professional experience

miffels

Mar 14, 2015
Hi all,

I have just applied for a Young Professionals visa from Germany and now I am being asked to upload the required documents and pay the fees. One of the documents is the "Justification of post secondary and professional experience" and unfortunately, I do not have the slightest idea of what I am expected to provide. A justification of why I want to take that internship? Proof of my previous work experience? Details w.r.t. the practical experience I listed in my CV?

I have already searched the IEC site, this forum, via Google, and contacted both the responsible embassy and the Kompass support, without success. From the latter I just did not receive a response in four days, and my time is running out. Could any of you help me, please?

Cheers,
miffels

adventure

Mar 9, 2015
There is a PDF called "Justification of post secondary and professional experience" you download on the upload documents page. The form you fill in asks about your qualifications and work experience after your education. This form is all you need for this requirement.

miffels

Mar 14, 2015
Hi adventure,

Gee, hidden in plain sight! Thank you so much, I definitely owe you a beer! Should someone else stumble across this, the download link is in one of the blue info boxes above the document list.

Cheers,
miffels

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
You have to explain why and how the position is helping you in your future career. It does not necessarily need to match your prior education - I currently work in linguistics and told them that this is THE career of my dreams. Which is not exactly the case, because neither have I completed any related studies nor have I worked in this field prior to coming to Canada or was planning on doing so. ;)
However, I had worked in this position for almost a year (WHV) and stated all the great opportunities the company offers. Just go on and on about how great your position is, how amazing your company is and how much this experience will help you in your future career. It is all about convincing the officer, so you need to be persuasive. ;)