+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Young Professionals IEC questions

stormgetter

Nov 2, 2018
Hi all,

I am planning to apply for Young Professionals early next year when the pools open. In my country I'm eligible to apply twice for IEC (I already have done work and travel one).

Cic site claims that "you may participate in IEC twice. You must choose a different category each time. There must be a six-month break between the expiry date of your first Canadian work permit under IEC and the submission date of your second IEC work permit application."

So the question 1 is: Can I enter the pool before 6 months are up as long as I submit my application (after being drawn) after 6 months are up? Or does entering the pool count as a moment of submitting the application?

6 month period ends for me in early February, while first draws would probably be early January. So I wouldn't want to miss the first draws. If I'm drawn there's a month to submit the application still so I will have waited 6 months by then.

Also, how exactly a signed offer letter or an offer of employment should look like when adding my profile to the pool? Do you have any examples?

I would appreciate any help regarding that matter.

Thank you!!