+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Young professional, spousal sponsorship and child - Covid 19

elson

Mar 20, 2015
Hi,

I landed back in Canada in Vancouver 28th Feb. My partner and out son were due to fly out on 14th April (now cancelled).

As per the orders in council looks like they cannot join me on my work permit as i am classed as a temp resident through a young professionals program. I am unsure what to do as my son is only 18 months old yes there is a high risk of contracting Covid -19 however, i am trying determine if there is any other news to see if they can come and join me. Last thing i want is to be away from my family for a long time so packing my bags again and heading back to the UK might be the only option until this all settles down.

I appreciate anyone's help in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I landed back in Canada in Vancouver 28th Feb. My partner and out son were due to fly out on 14th April (now cancelled).

As per the orders in council looks like they cannot join me on my work permit as i am classed as a temp resident through a young professionals program. I am unsure what to do as my son is only 18 months old yes there is a high risk of contracting Covid -19 however, i am trying determine if there is any other news to see if they can come and join me. Last thing i want is to be away from my family for a long time so packing my bags again and heading back to the UK might be the only option until this all settles down.

I appreciate anyone's help in advance.
That's unfortunately correct. Since you are here on a work permit (vs. being a PR or citizen), your family cannot join you at this time and the travel ban extends to them. There is no provision for them to join you at this time. They will not be allowed to board the plane to come here.

Right now the travel ban is supposed to be in effect until end of June. Of course it could be lifted sooner - or last longer. Everything is a wildcard right now. If I were in your shoes, I would personally return home. I personally wouldn't risk air travel restrictions becoming even tighter. But that's just my point of view. Obviously a very personal decision.

Good luck.

Reactions: elson

elson

Mar 20, 2015
Thank you yep i think that is what i will be doing. Better safe than sorry than being apart for what could be a long time.

Reactions: scylla

rashu1241

Mar 22, 2020
Hello sir I am kazi rashed mahmud from Bangladesh, currently I am working quality assurance officer (export) last 6 year in a food industry at Bangladesh, company name pran rfl group. I want to migration at Canada, can I ?