+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Young Professional for Spanish couple.

Eloygambin

Sep 13, 2021
Hello, we are a Spanish couple who is living in Alberta and we are running a WHV wich will expires 13 February 2022.

We would like to apply for a Young Professional, get 1 year of experience on a skill job and then apply for the PR.

I am 36 years (working as supervisor in a restaurant) and my partner is 34 (working as a server in the same restaurant)

We have speak with our company asking about the possibility to apply to this the Young Professional and the reply us this:

Vanesa gets a job as a floor supervisor and applies for a Young Professional visa before her 35 birthday. Activate the visa before her birthday to be safe and it will give you more time. Once she has her visa Eloy can apply for a spousal work permit. Once we receives his spousal permit and Eloy reaches 1 year of experience, Eloy can apply for permanent residency based on his education and work background. Then once Eloy has PR approved, Vanessa can apply for a spousal WP off of Eloy.

My question are:

-Why Vanesa need to apply and activate a Young Professional before her 35?

-What about the 3 months break?
---- There must be a three-month break between the expiry date of your first Canadian work permit under IEC

I need a bit of light on this situation.

We don't want to leave the country and this situation is being very stressful

Thanks in advance.

Peace

@mochilerosrastreros!

;)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would always suggest googling. This took me 1 minute to find.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/eligibility.asp?country=es&cat=yp&#country_category_name_cont

The big issue is that Vanessa hasn’t been working in NOC 0, A or B. She will actually need experience in a supervisor role and not just a title. IRCC isn’t stupid and many people give themselves titles of assistant managers or managers without being in the role or without the role being needed because the store or restaurant is so small.