+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

You can do Upfront medical for express entry. 100% confirm

sanybhai

Feb 21, 2014
I am expecting my ITA anytime soon. So, I did my medical upfront. I personally can confirm you that upfront medical is allowed in express entry.
Supporting reasons:
1. I called CIC twice to confirm the fact. They confirmed me it’s totally fine but they encourage not to do it as you don’t know when you will receive your ITA.
So it’s your judgement on the situation “when to do your medical” as its only valid for one year.
My suggestion is to do the medical when you are 100% sure you will get ita in the next one or two draws.
2. I did my medical from DR. . Sabetai Grunberg in Calgary. They confirmed me I can totally do upfront medical and I did. But recently due to high volume of patients they have stopped doing upfront. Please don’t get confused. Its just that particular doctor, not the whole express entry system.
Currently, it’s so hard get an appointment for medical examination in Canadian cities. So, do your medical upfront. But don’t do it if your point is below 420. Because, nobody knows when would the point go that low. If you are playing above 430 it’s definitely wise to have it upfront.

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
Yes the website also suggests that some invitees don't need to do a full exam, so it's only suggested that you wait for an ITA, to limit any potential waste of money.

My question is, if you go for the medical exam before an ITA is issued, does your physician submit an e-report? or must he mail it? Or perhaps hold on to it till you notify him/her you've been invited?

sanybhai

Feb 21, 2014
tomneversfield said:
Yes the website also suggests that some invitees don't need to do a full exam, so it's only suggested that you wait for an ITA, to limit any potential waste of money.
In order to submit your online application, you will need to upload either the information printout sheet, or the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form. Your doctor will give you one of these documents when you complete your medical exam.

baadshah8464

Apr 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
can I use my upfront medical of 3 months old once I receive my ITA? Thank u in advance

mapletrunk

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can somebody please comment on this question. I have same situation.

Thanks.

jiya khan

Feb 28, 2017
Could any one tell me if i can get medicl from the country other than country of origin? We are in our home country for holidays and its costing lot less than country of origin

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
jiya khan said:
Could any one tell me if i can get medicl from the country other than country of origin? We are in our home country for holidays and its costing lot less than country of origin
As long as they are a Panel Physician you can get one anywhere.