Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-07-2015
I am a Canadian citizen by descent (never lived in Canada), living with my husband and 3 yo daughter (Americans) applying outland.

I have noticed that on many pages it requests information about the principal applicant's spouse (me...but I am his sponsor).

I'm looking at:
Generic Application (IMM 0008) - Dependant(s) "You must include your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children."

Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) - the principal applicant (my husband), their spouse or common-law partner (if applicable) and all dependent children 18+ must complete their own copy...

Country Specific Instructions (IMM 3910 E) - Appendix A Document Checklist - Immigrant - 3. Schedule A "You and each of your family members 18 years of age or older must complete your their own copy" 4. Additional Family Information "You and each of your family members 18 years of age or older..." 11. Police Certificates and Clearances "...you and every one in your family aged 18 years or over..." 12. Proof of Medical Examination "for yourself and each of your family members" 13. Photos "for each member of your family and yourself"

I am definitely part of the family, and spouse is specifically listed sometimes...but where I already have Canadian citizenship, are they still wanting me to do this? I don't want to submit an incomplete application, but I also don't want to go to the work and expense of doing all of this stuff for myself if Canada is not expecting me to.

hillaryh

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 23,2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 6, 2015
Med's Done....
May 3, 2015
LANDED..........
DM- Dec 6, 2015
As quoted in the guide 3999

"If you are being sponsored as a member of the family class, your spouse or common-law partner (except where your spouse or common-law partner is the sponsor) must be included in your application as a family member. "

so for purposes of the application you aren't considered a family member

hillaryh

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 23,2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 6, 2015
Med's Done....
May 3, 2015
LANDED..........
DM- Dec 6, 2015
i'm just repeating information i was told many months ago...if incorrect, someone please jump in because then my whole application could be wrong :eek:

utahem

Apr 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-07-2015
canuck_in_uk said:
You are NOT considered a family member for the purposes of this app.
hillaryh said:
As quoted in the guide 3999

"If you are being sponsored as a member of the family class, your spouse or common-law partner (except where your spouse or common-law partner is the sponsor) must be included in your application as a family member. "

so for purposes of the application you aren't considered a family member
Thank you! It didn't really make sense that I would have to (basically) apply for residency since I already have citizenship, but I didn't want to leave anything out. :)