+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Yet another FBI IHSR thread

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since the FBI is no longer issuing the Identity History Summary Reports on blue security paper:

14. Will I receive my Identity History Summary on blue security paper?

Due to automation of the mailing process, tentatively scheduled for January 12, 2015, the FBI will no longer provide Identity History Summary results on blue security paper. All responses will be processed on standard white paper.

And the fact that at least a couple of the approved Channelers still provide the blue security paper...how long before CIC starts to accept them again?
Maybe they'd be happy with going one step further and having the report certified (apostille is not available for Canada) through The U.S. State Department (which is only $8 and takes about two weeks).

15. Does the FBI provide apostilles*?

(*An apostille is a certification that a document has been “legalized” or “authenticated” by the issuing agency through a process in which various seals are placed on the document.)

The CJIS Division will authenticate all U.S. Department of Justice Order 556-73 fingerprint search results by placing the FBI seal and the signature of a division official on the results at the time of submission.

Note: The FBI seal is no longer a raised seal. Documents authenticated by the FBI may then be sent to the U.S. Department of State by the requestor to obtain an apostille if necessary. Requests to authenticate previously processed results will not be accepted.

So the question is...
Since it's unlikely that CIC has even seen any of the new standard white paper reports from the FBI yet...how do you think they're going to react when they do?

jmarie

Jan 14, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-16-2015
AOR Received.
04-21-2015
I would print out the FBI's FAQ page and write a cover letter explaining this. Eventually they will see enough applications with FBI documents in the new format and it shouldn't be an issue.

Anything they may question, mention it in a cover letter.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, but it was just a general question for those that have yet to hear back from CIC.

I still can't understand why the FBI changed to standard white paper, or why CIC no longer accepts Channelers reports...that are on the blue security paper.

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2014, remeds on 04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
Ponga said:
Thanks, but it was just a general question for those that have yet to hear back from CIC.

I still can't understand why the FBI changed to standard white paper, or why CIC no longer accepts Channelers reports...that are on the blue security paper.
I think the problem with the channelers (or at least it was) was that the reports didn't seem like they were standard. For instance, some of them only supplied emailed PDF's. So unless they were prepared to do "panel FBI Channelers" that only supplied something acceptable, then it was too much of a mish mash of documents. And ultimately, it's not CIC's problem the FBI is so slow these days.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rugrat907 said:
I think the problem with the channelers (or at least it was) was that the reports didn't seem like they were standard. For instance, some of them only supplied emailed PDF's. So unless they were prepared to do "panel FBI Channelers" that only supplied something acceptable, then it was too much of a mish mash of documents. And ultimately, it's not CIC's problem the FBI is so slow these days.
I completely agree that the FBI backlog is not CIC's problem, but I also wonder if the FBI would have informed CIC that they were no longer issuing reports on blue security paper...which would then be exactly like some of those approved Channelers that CIC is not accepting.

I suspect that the FBI couldn't care less about how this impacts CIC.

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2014, remeds on 04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
Ponga said:
I completely agree that the FBI backlog is not CIC's problem, but I also wonder if the FBI would have informed CIC that they were no longer issuing reports on blue security paper...which would then be exactly like some of those approved Channelers that CIC is not accepting.

I suspect that the FBI couldn't care less about how this impacts CIC.
I'm sure you are right. And it's not just CIC, but probably visa offices all over the world.