+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

YES....A TRUE LOVE.....

Jazmali

Jul 11, 2017
We are in love......we have been cyber dating for 1 year....it's crazy...but true.
He is a perfect candidate for a visitors Visa.....he has strong ties to family, home
and a good job in radio. He is an egyptian citizen.....he told me asking questions is fine but we had to be truthful. And l was afraid of continous rejection.....but here we are one more time

We need real advice , as l am skeptical with how immigration works these days...l see so much rejection with good people. And then l see people who are granted access....and are scamming everyone....it's not right.

Please know this as well, l even had someone on this site that answered at me questions and was quite arrogant and l called them out on it !!!!!!

I said to him....that's not very Canadian of you....that's not how we speak to one another!!
THE RESPONSE WAS.....I AM NOT !!!!!

There is a stereo typical snag......l the gal is over 20 years older. Yes l can hear you all
humming and hawing. Listen.....l cannot keep waiting for that moment that we run into each other grocery bags like in the movies...lock eyes and then it becomes a vhs movie.

It is what it is.......so he will apply for a visitors visa.....we are then going on a road trip to the east coast. But we are so crazy ...rather than wait another year....we want to get married while he is here on vacation.

What do we need to do.....

Will our age difference play a factor
Will he get sent back if we cannot show them that we truly are in lovd

Can we get married while he is visiting
Does he need proof of a fat bank account
Will he need to go back once we are married

And do l need proof of a big fat bank account as well

It's so unfair .....the way of the world and politics sometimes

Please help......

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm not judging here. Some issues that you must consider from an IRCC perspective.

Some red flags in my opinion:
1. Red Flag #1: Cyber interaction, not met in the real world so far.

2. Red Flag #2: Age gap of more than 20 years (woman older than the guy). Is this acceptable in the Egyptian culture?

Age gap isn't an issue for spousal immigration if the applicant can prove s/he is in a genuine relationship. Recently someone on this forum with a 39 years age gap was approved for spousal PR (younger woman from the Philippines).

3. Red Flag #3: Marrying on his first visit to Canada = Intention to immigrate

IMO, you could present a stronger spousal PR application (Read: without the risk of an interview) if you visit him first in Egypt.... meet his family and friends.... spend some time getting to know each other, etc. If that's not possible then maybe you could meet him in another country.

And one serious bit of advice:
Don't rush into marriage. Unfortunately, sometimes there are no live-happily-ever-after fairy tale endings. IMO, it's better to be cautious than to be sorry

Last edited:

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I read the post that OP called "arrogant", and I fail to see how. It was blunt and matter-of-fact, sure, but that's entirely different from being arrogant.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I agree with Bryanna. Understand that while you may not agree with the advice you're being given here - you've come to this forum for advice from those who are experienced - and that's where this advice is coming from.

As much as you don't want to hear this, his profile fits the textbook scammer who is looking for a marriage of convenience. We've seen lots of cases here that start just like yours. The men say all of the right things until they get to Canada - they are attentive, loving. Then everything changes shortly after they arrive. Now of course hopefully you have found the exception the rule and he is genuine in his feeling towards you. If so, then you need to spend time with him and be sure before you take the leap to marry. Understand that once you successfully sponsor him, you are financially responsible for him for three years after he becomes a PR - even if you break up. This means that if he goes on welfare during those three years, you will be responsible for paying all of the money back - this can easily amount to tens of thousands of dollars. You owe it to yourself to really get to know him before making this kind of commitment.

If you've never met in person, you need to visit him a couple of times before you get married. Failing to do that will complicate the sponsorship process significantly and likely guarantee a refusal. You don't need to have a huge bank account to sponsor him - you just can't be on welfare. He will need to have a decent bank account to get a visitor visa approved. Additionally, he hopefully has past travel to countries requiring visas (e.g. Europe, UK).

Good luck - I wish you all of the best.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
We are in love......we have been cyber dating for 1 year....it's crazy...but true.
He is a perfect candidate for a visitors Visa.....he has strong ties to family, home
and a good job in radio. He is an egyptian citizen.....he told me asking questions is fine but we had to be truthful. And l was afraid of continous rejection.....but here we are one more time

We need real advice , as l am skeptical with how immigration works these days...l see so much rejection with good people. And then l see people who are granted access....and are scamming everyone....it's not right.

Please know this as well, l even had someone on this site that answered at me questions and was quite arrogant and l called them out on it !!!!!!

I said to him....that's not very Canadian of you....that's not how we speak to one another!!
THE RESPONSE WAS.....I AM NOT !!!!!

There is a stereo typical snag......l the gal is over 20 years older. Yes l can hear you all
humming and hawing. Listen.....l cannot keep waiting for that moment that we run into each other grocery bags like in the movies...lock eyes and then it becomes a vhs movie.

It is what it is.......so he will apply for a visitors visa.....we are then going on a road trip to the east coast. But we are so crazy ...rather than wait another year....we want to get married while he is here on vacation.
Having read your previous thread, the poster was not arrogant and you had nothing to call them out on. You asked for info, it was provided.

As already said, your situation looks like the typical Marriage of Convenience. Are you from the same culture? Do you have the same religion? Do you speak a common language or do you use online translators? Do you have similar education levels?

Reactions: Buletruck