+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Year 2014 - Both Parent Sponsorship & Super Visa are on

Ray_Of_Hope

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Dear all,

We are a family of three, living in Pakistan and we want to move to Canada:
1. Me - I have already applied for Federal skilled worker program last week.

2. My younger brother wants to go and study in Quebec. He intends to apply soon.

3. My mother (my father passed away 10 years ago) - is dependent on both of us. We (both brothers) earn respectable salaries and look to be in a good shape to move.

I have a sister who lives in Canada with her husband. Her husband earns enough (easily) to sponsor / support my mother in Canada.

The new policy for sponsoring parents/grandparents (which was closed in November 2011) is opening in January 2011.

Super Visa: The rejection rate in Super Visa is low (about 20% globally), but one has to show his "Purpose of Visit" and "Ties to home country", which is somewhat contradicting with our intentions since we want our mother to move as well. My mother has visited my sister twice on a Temporary Resident Visa (6 months). At that time we showed her two sons i.e. us (2 brothers) as her "Ties to Pakistan". But now as I have applied for immigration myself and my brother is planning for a study permit, my mother's "ties to pakistan" and "Purpose of visit" would become weak, resulting in lower chances of approval.

Parent Sponsorship: If my sister sponsors our mother (she lives in Quebec and my brother is intending to go to Quebec as well for studies), it is generally considered to take too much time. There were huge backlogs in CIC for this. People have waited for years and years. Some applications refused. Now they say that they have cleared their backlog, improved the system and the policy. But I anticipate that sponsorship may again take too much time. And if we apply for her sponsorship we know that parent sponsorship is the last priority for any government.

Should I apply for a Super Visa or Sponsorship, for my mother?

My question actually relates to the opening of parents sponsor policy (with Super visa to continue) and its implications on our decisions.

I know its a long post. I will be really thankful to you for any information / replies.