+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Year 2012 Citizenship Applications - Toronto (Scarborough Office)

CanadianSam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone, i am starting a new thread for the people those who applied for Citizenship in the 2012. Lets update each other that whats going on in Scarborough office.

My Details:
Applied for Citizenship: July 06, 2012
Acknowlegement Letter with Discover Canada book Sent by CIC: August 07, 2012 (Date on Letter)
Acknowlegement Letter Recieved in Mail: September 10, 2012
Single Application.
Called CIC Call Centre on January 14, 2013 to find out about my application, i was told by agent that my file was transfer to Scarborough Office to process.

Please Note: I Cannot see my application status online as i chose the option not to show my file information online.

So lets join this thread & Share

CanadianSam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied for Citizenship: July 6, 2012
Acknowlegement Letter with Discover Canada book Sent by CIC: August 7, 2012 (Date on Letter)
Single Application.
file transfered to Scarborough Office: January 7, 2013

So lets join this thread & Share

CanadianSam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied for Citizenship: July 6, 2012
Acknowlegement Letter with Discover Canada book Sent by CIC: August 7, 2012 (Date on Letter)
Single Application.
Anyone has latest updates!!!!

CanadianSam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied for grant of Citizenship: July 6, 2012
Single Application.
No Change in Status
Still waiting.....................

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian Citizenship Time line

* Received: May 10, 2012
* Process application: Oct 25, 2012
* Residence questionnaire: Nov 30, 2012
* Residence questionnaire sent: January 9, 2013
* Fingerprint Request: January 24, 2013
* Fingerprint sent: February 11, 2013
* office: Scarborough

waiting for test...

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
Application Sent/Received: May 2012
In Process: January 2013
File Transferred to Scarborough office: April 2013

Now waiting for the test :)

habo

Jan 15, 2013
applied : Aug. 7,2012
in process : Dec. 22,2012
called CIC : one agent said file transfered to local office on : Feb.1,2013
second agent said file transfered on : Feb.8,2013

NO ECAS UPDATE regarding the Transfer.

still waiting :)

CanadianSam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
habo said:
applied : Aug. 7,2012
in process : Dec. 22,2012
called CIC : one agent said file transfered to local office on : Feb.1,2013
second agent said file transfered on : Feb.8,2013

NO ECAS UPDATE regarding the Transfer.

still waiting :)
Habo! You are right. when i called in January 2013, Agent told me File transfered to Scarborough office on Jan 7, when i called again after couple of months another Agent said File transfered on Jan 30. I donot get this. I wish my timeline would be like Nordicgirl.
Thanks to all for sharing their timeline

CanadianSam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Everyone! Great News ..............Honourable Minister Jason Kenny took amazing Steps

News Release — Improving the Citizenship Application Process

Ottawa, June 3, 2013 — Citizenship applicants who fail their first citizenship test will now have the opportunity to rewrite the test rather than wait for an appointment with a citizenship judge, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

“The Government of Canada remains committed to maintaining Canada’s tradition of high numbers of permanent residents taking up full citizenship, and this is one of many recent improvements that have been made to the citizenship process to ensure the timely welcoming of new citizens,” said Minister Kenney. “Since 2006, Canada has welcomed the highest sustained levels of immigration in Canadian history. Accordingly, the demand for citizenship has increased by 30 percent, with Canada averaging approximately 200,000 new citizens each year.”

In the past, individuals who failed their knowledge test would be required to wait a number of months for an appointment with a citizenship judge, who would make a final decision on their case. However, as of today, applicants will be informed of their results immediately following their test. Individuals who fail but have met all other criteria will be provided with a date to rewrite the test a few weeks later. Those who pass their test will be scheduled for a citizenship ceremony.

Moreover, individuals who are currently waiting to see a citizenship judge because they had previously failed the test will also be invited to rewrite the test.

Minister Kenney also announced that all family members listed on one application no longer need to be approved at the same time. Previously, there were cases where all family members who had applied together were held up in obtaining citizenship when only one family member had failed a knowledge or language test. Successful applicants will now be informed that they may have their applications processed independent of other family members. As such, fewer people will need to wait for their applications to be processed and can proceed directly to being granted citizenship.

These changes means shorter wait times for some citizenship applicants.

In addition, with the increase in citizenship judges, there will be more decisions on citizenship applications and more citizenship ceremonies. Eight additional citizenship judges have been appointed since the beginning of this year.

Under Economic Action Plan 2013, the Government of Canada announced an investment of $44 million over two years to put toward improving citizenship processing. These funds will enable CIC to better tackle the growing demand for citizenship grants and proofs, and assist in processing the existing inventory.

“We know that newcomers look forward to acquiring their Canadian citizenship and we are committed to helping qualified applicants acquire this privilege in a timely manner,” said Minister Kenney. “Together, these measures combined will result in faster processing of citizenship applications.”

singleorb

Jul 2, 2013
Here is the status as it appears on CIC website:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 25, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 25, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 2, 2013.

waitingforcic

Jul 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My timeline is as follows:
Received on October 4, 2012
Sent letter and book on October 4, 2012
Processing application on February 19, 2013

Called the call center and was told that my file was transferred to Scarborough on July 2013.
Family application.

Still waiting.