+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Xpresspost or Priority return envelope for PPR?

kenthething23

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
Hi there,

I've been wondering about this question when I received my PPR for TRV to CPC-O. Am I only allowed to use Xpresspost or could I opt for faster option like Priority (esp. when you need National envelope rather than regional).

In case you have the same question as I did, the answer is YES. PRIORITY envelope is allowed.
Based on the information on older threads as well as I called IRCC twice to ask the same questions with different agents, they both said it's fine.

Hope this information helps!

kenthething23

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
In my experience, priority and xpresspost travel at same speed. In other words, Canada Post sucks!! Lol
Yes I agree with you. For regional and local they travel the same speed. However, if you send across the country (nationally), you can get your passport back the next day rather than wait for 2-3 days with transferring postal facilities...I just don't trust Canada Post, and want to get my passport back or send my passport to Ottawa with least amount of transfer and fastest speed. (just my 2 cents)

May 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
30-07-2018
File Transfer...
29-08-2018
Med's Request
20-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
15-10-2018
Hi there,

I've been wondering about this question when I received my PPR for TRV to CPC-O. Am I only allowed to use Xpresspost or could I opt for faster option like Priority (esp. when you need National envelope rather than regional).

In case you have the same question as I did, the answer is YES. PRIORITY envelope is allowed.
Based on the information on older threads as well as I called IRCC twice to ask the same questions with different agents, they both said it's fine.

Hope this information helps!
Hey I’m freaking out here so I’d really appreciate it if you could reply. CPC Ottawa received my passport on October 31 and they issued the counterfoil and CoPR on November 5, but they have not mailed them yet. I submitted a prepaid priority national envelope so i just want to double check that other than paying for the envelope, there’s nothing else that i was required to do in order for IRCC to be able to use the priority envelope right?? I should be good to go??