+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

wt heck is happening at Buffalo?

C

cajoejoe

Cuman & Duns

Keep the chin up.. I "suspect" by end of Septemeber we will get a Medical request.

ADA

Mar 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Mar 2009
Doc's Request.
07 Apr 2009 - Sent on 29 Jun 2009
Wt heck is happening at Buffalo!!!

2009 applications are not at all moving... I was expecting Buffalo to act fast!!!
I should have applied to Delhi

barabashka_

Star Member
Aug 12, 2009
Yeah...looks like it is going slower and slower there...
Lets hope they are re-organizing before speeding up the process! :)

Sonu81

Star Member
May 20, 2009
barabashka_ said:
Yeah...looks like it is going slower and slower there...
Lets hope they are re-organizing before speeding up the process! :)
i dont see sense of decreasing timeline of New Delhi or Islamabad from 7 years to 4 months , but keeping Buffalo same at 14 months...fast track....

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
i think the people at delhi and islamabad see the sense in it :)
I think CIC sees the sense in it because it decreases their average time by a lot.

cuman

Sep 1, 2009
hello all

Duns!
your position seems to be similar with mine. if you get any reply from Buffalo these days, please keep the blog posted.

cheers!

duns

Sep 2, 2009
Cuman,

Yes definitely i will keep u guys updated....

Cajoejoe...Thanks for support..Ya lets hope that we can hear something frm them by the end of this month...Keeping fingers crossed....:)

maple

Jan 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 feb 2008
AOR Received.
july 2008
Med's Request
28 march 2009
Med's Done....
april 2009
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
I am actually wondering why did they make online e case status?!! why bother when they make no update in the information for It is supposed to make applicants updated with what is going on so they do not email inquiries all the time to the office, however, they do not give you information in e case, nor they give you information when you email them, they simply want you to keep silent , wait , do not ask, and be at their mercy. I am really starting to get sick of this policy and I think Canada is still way behind when it comes to immigration and dealing with applicants compared with other countries. It is ridiculous!! You can not make any plans for the present time or the near future just because "maybe" there will be some answer soon that will decide what the next step will be.

cajoejoe said:
Okay here is the scoop for buffalo online status. I have emailed them yesterday regarding my application which was sent on Nov. 7th. The rest can be read on this thread. Took Buffalo 24 hours to respond to my email. (cool eh?)

Please be advised that the status of your application has not changed since our acknowledgement letter. Please understand that our office cannot provide you with an update of case status by email on a regular basis.

We will contact you for the next stage of the processing of your file.
Immigration cases being processed in Visa offices outside Canada use a system different from that used to process similar applications in Canada. As a result, the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) frequentlydoes not reflect the status of cases being processed in Buffalo.

Do not use the CIC e-Cas on-line change of address system. Your new address will not be downloaded to your file in Buffalo.

in a nutshell, buffalo office they could have any status online and dont mean anything. I hope this been informative for many of you.

~j

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
maple said:
I am actually wondering why did they make online e case status?!! why bother when they make no update in the information for It is supposed to make applicants updated with what is going on so they do not email inquiries all the time to the office, however, they do not give you information in e case, nor they give you information when you email them, they simply want you to keep silent , wait , do not ask, and be at their mercy. I am really starting to get sick of this policy and I think Canada is still way behind when it comes to immigration and dealing with applicants compared with other countries. It is ridiculous!! You can not make any plans for the present time or the near future just because "maybe" there will be some answer soon that will decide what the next step will be.
This one is an easy one to answer. Maybe there is no update because there has been no movement in your application. What do you want them to write? Do you want them to write, "just wait it out, we haven't done anything on your application since last status". Then 5 days later, they write the same thing again but when you read it, it will still look like the same message lol.

Jokes aside, they probably don't update much because they haven't done anything with your application yet.

Canada might be behind but it is still better than most of the countries we live in, hence we all try to move there. And you know what, no country can have the best in everything. So canada cant have the best immigration policy for us and the best internet update method.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
I understand your frustration, I am in the same boat, case not moving at all. Although you have used a stronger tone for the immigration policies, I kind of agree with it at most extent.

They suppose to fast track all new applicants who are on the 38 list, which they did somehow, but at the cost of the old applicants, the only thing I do not like that they didn't had enough resources and they (tried to) process too many applications at the same time - which end up in a back log of older files as well as to the files before Nov 08. (Supposedly the new process should have eased on backlog)

Applicants are on the list or not, they stopped working on their file and started processing the newer cases, may be not for Buffalo applicants but for another visa office, creating a backlog for the older applicants. They process fast for the newer application but have created another backlog who were already in the line, regardless if they were on the 38 list or not and they have to wait for a unlimited period of time, may be 600 Days, may be 800 or may be more, no one have the answer.

Can you do anything for this, I don't think so ~ CIC was in-charge then and now, no complaints, whining or inquiries, just wait. Medical done, documents sent - no problem still wait.

We need to take the critics with open mind, yes Canada is not perfect and so as any other developed country immigration system, take a look at US, has the biggest loop holes in the immigration system, but once you are asked for Medicals (may be after 10 years of filing application - I am not comparing time) you know for sure that your number has called upon and you are up. While here (CIC), even you provide each and every document, pass medicals, checks etc, you will still not know when you will be called. (especially now a days) - Is this was their target to fast track some and backlogging the others?

maple

Jan 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 feb 2008
AOR Received.
july 2008
Med's Request
28 march 2009
Med's Done....
april 2009
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
NewYorker said:
I understand your frustration, I am in the same boat, case not moving at all. Although you have used a stronger tone for the immigration policies, I kind of agree with it at most extent.

They suppose to fast track all new applicants who are on the 38 list, which they did somehow, but at the cost of the old applicants, the only thing I do not like that they didn't had enough resources and they (tried to) process too many applications at the same time - which end up in a back log of older files as well as to the files before Nov 08. (Supposedly the new process should have eased on backlog)

Applicants are on the list or not, they stopped working on their file and started processing the newer cases, may be not for Buffalo applicants but for another visa office, creating a backlog for the older applicants. They process fast for the newer application but have created another backlog who were already in the line, regardless if they were on the 38 list or not and they have to wait for a unlimited period of time, may be 600 Days, may be 800 or may be more, no one have the answer.

Can you do anything for this, I don't think so ~ CIC was in-charge then and now, no complaints, whining or inquiries, just wait. Medical done, documents sent - no problem still wait.

We need to take the critics with open mind, yes Canada is not perfect and so as any other developed country immigration system, take a look at US, has the biggest loop holes in the immigration system, but once you are asked for Medicals (may be after 10 years of filing application - I am not comparing time) you know for sure that your number has called upon and you are up. While here (CIC), even you provide each and every document, pass medicals, checks etc, you will still not know when you will be called. (especially now a days) - Is this was their target to fast track some and backlogging the others?

I do not know about US immigration system, but there is a world of difference between Canada and US, Canada needs people with skills NOW because look at it, it is huge huge empty land that needs occupants to live and work in it, but US that is another story, it is already crowded with millions and millions so even if they slow down their immigration process it is ok with the country. But in the case of Canada , it should do whatever possible thing to ease the backlog and let people with skills in. It has shortages in almost all fields,even in the university from which I took my master degree for example, they said they could not accept me to the PHd program because there are no staff to teach and they can not open the doctorate program in the dept till there is enough staff to teach. Canada does need people to fill in countless vacancies. As if the immigration people do not see this fact. Even when they created the 38 list, they did not ease the backlog, they just closed the door in front of so many people capable of giving the best to a country that needs everyone's efforts, and at the same time, well here we are, still waiting and no speeding up the application process (as they claimed).

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
This obviously means that letting in the wrong people is more detrimental than filling up those vacant positions.

Anyway, i do think they are letting in people. I bet people are even getting approved through Buffalo but they can't do all applications at one go because that needs more resources. Government budgets are getting cut all the time so they can't add resources. My point is that while your application and my application may not be getting processed now, but there are other people who are getting through. They are just not on this forum or on trackitt.

maple

Jan 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 feb 2008
AOR Received.
july 2008
Med's Request
28 march 2009
Med's Done....
april 2009
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
I do agree with you, but why would they say the three FSW will be given decisions within 6 moths - 1 year when they are unable to do it. I made all my plans on the basis that I will be admitted within 1 year as maximum , but now it 17moths and no decision. I could have done other things during this period but each time I though of sth, I say oh well....how longer will it possibly take, sure a decision is coming soon and I will wait then I will make my plans according to the new status. I know that other are being through, but as one of the categories given priority (international student 4 years in Canada legally, with 5 years experience in one of the 38 LUCKY occupations), I was supposed to have been through too within the timeline they mentioned, but it is the opposite of what the proverb that says (actions speak louder than words)!!

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
I totally agree with Maple, I am waiting since 19 months, gave all the documents what they asked for, but now keep on waiting six months from medicals. My question is the same, why ask for documents and give only 90 days when they will not make decision forever, I work too hard and spend money to get required documents within 90 days but then looks like no one there on the other side, why not asking the documents and give one year to submit them, because they will not work on your case anyway anytime soon.

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
maple said:
I do agree with you, but why would they say the three FSW will be given decisions within 6 moths - 1 year when they are unable to do it. I made all my plans on the basis that I will be admitted within 1 year as maximum , but now it 17moths and no decision. I could have done other things during this period but each time I though of sth, I say oh well....how longer will it possibly take, sure a decision is coming soon and I will wait then I will make my plans according to the new status. I know that other are being through, but as one of the categories given priority (international student 4 years in Canada legally, with 5 years experience in one of the 38 LUCKY occupations), I was supposed to have been through too within the timeline they mentioned, but it is the opposite of what the proverb that says (actions speak louder than words)!!
3 FSWs will get it in 6 to 12 months only for those who applied after Dec 2008. You don't fall into that category. They didn't promise the same timelines for those who applied between Feb to Nov 2008. You can't blame them for that.