+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wroxham Road

Frozen11

May 3, 2021
After waiting..and waiting...and waiting and still waiting for my son to get his Canadian birth registration and then my common-law partner being told she would have to wait 2 years for getting a Visa appointment in Bogota, I would have been better off just getting them into the US and crossing at Wroxham with them. I would be curious to see what the outcome would be.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After waiting..and waiting...and waiting and still waiting for my son to get his Canadian birth registration and then my common-law partner being told she would have to wait 2 years for getting a Visa appointment in Bogota, I would have been better off just getting them into the US and crossing at Wroxham with them. I would be curious to see what the outcome would be.
Are you also waiting for your son limited validity Canadian passport?

Frozen11

May 3, 2021
He hasn't been registered here yet.

I have spoken to my MP and signed a declaration so they can stay on the government about getting it done sooner. I am paying out of pocket for his health care and he just spent three days in hospital.

Where is the information on a "limited validity passport"?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He hasn't been registered here yet.

I have spoken to my MP and signed a declaration so they can stay on the government about getting it done sooner. I am paying out of pocket for his health care and he just spent three days in hospital.

Where is the information on a "limited validity passport"?
Your son being born in Columbia, shouldn't you apply for his Canadian citizenship paper and limited validity passport at the same time?

Frozen11

May 3, 2021
Your son being born in Columbia, shouldn't you apply for his Canadian citizenship paper and limited validity passport at the same time?
I don't even know what a "limited validity passport" is. Where do I even find those forums?

One other question I have....his birth registration from Colombia is in Spanish. I am told it has to be translated and an affadavit signed? Who can do this translation? Does it have to be a recognized individual/company or can it be done by a friend fluent in both?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't even know what a "limited validity passport" is. Where do I even find those forums?

One other question I have....his birth registration from Colombia is in Spanish. I am told it has to be translated and an affadavit signed? Who can do this translation? Does it have to be a recognized individual/company or can it be done by a friend fluent in both?
I provided the link to you earlier for the limited validity passport. Here it is again: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/security/limited-validity-travel-document.html

I can't help with the second question.