+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong Visa Stamping on Passport

pradeep3184

Aug 30, 2021
Hi There,
I have a valid Work permit which is expiring on 2023, and i have requested my Worker Visa Stamping. IRCC stamped a as Visitor instead of Worker on my passport.
not sure how to get this correct. Toll Free number is not much help with IVR. could any one advise

jacko1995

Jun 2, 2021
Hello,
A lot of people on this forum have experienced the same "issue". Apparently it's not a problem, as long as you have a valid work permit.
If I'm not mistaken, someone on this forum called IRCC and they confirmed it.

Could you please share your timeline? Did you apply inside Canada?

dxtpatel

Jul 26, 2021
Hello,
A lot of people on this forum have experienced the same "issue". Apparently it's not a problem, as long as you have a valid work permit.

Did you apply for the TRV? If yes, then could you please share your timeline.? I applied on 8th June, but I am still waiting for PPR.

pradeep3184

Aug 30, 2021
Hello,

Hello Jacko,
Thank you for your Reply
Yes, i have application process done with in Canada. Time line for Visa Processing Application submitted was on March 27, 2021 and received confirmation to submit passport on August 14, 2021. i had summited my Passport for stamping and they stamped Wrong instead of Worker gave me a Visitor stamped passport returned on 27th Aug.
My concern now is that how to correct this. or i have to file a new request or i can Travel with this Visitor visa to India and return (Plans for November travel)

Reactions: jacko1995

jacko1995

Jun 2, 2021
Hello Jacko,
Thank you for your Reply
Yes, i have application process done with in Canada. Time line for Visa Processing Application submitted was on March 27, 2021 and received confirmation to submit passport on August 14, 2021. i had summited my Passport for stamping and they stamped Wrong instead of Worker gave me a Visitor stamped passport returned on 27th Aug.
My concern now is that how to correct this. or i have to file a new request or i can Travel with this Visitor visa to India and return (Plans for November travel)
I think you should be fine, but double check with IRCC if possible!

thalaivar

Apr 26, 2021
My wife had applied for Open work permit for which she has got Visitor Stamped in passport. Is there something we need to worry about?

jacko1995

Jun 2, 2021
My wife had applied for Open work permit for which she has got Visitor Stamped in passport. Is there something we need to worry about?
I don't think so. A lot of people are reporting this on the forum!
Can you please share the timeline of the application? when did she apply and when did she receive the passport request letter?

thalaivar

Apr 26, 2021
I don't think so. A lot of people are reporting this on the forum!
Can you please share the timeline of the application? when did she apply and when did she receive the passport request letter?
We applied on 14th December 2020 and we got the TRV stamping request last week(August 21, 2021)

Reactions: jacko1995
Oct 13, 2021
Hi, My name is Guneet Kaur, recently i applied for TRV, i got confirmation within 2 months, they put worng stamp on my passport they supposed to put wroker visa stamp, but they put visitor visa stamp. As i am having a valid work permit. ( from 2021- 2024) Do i need to fix it before travelling?