AOR Received.
31-Jul-12
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
9-Apr-13
Med's Done....
10-Apr-13
A few people on this forum have expressed concern about selecting the wrong visa office when they filed their application. I am one of those people, and wanted to share my experience.

I submitted my application to CIO-Sydney in June 2012 and indicated that I wanted my application processed by a foreign visa office (in Europe) which serves applicants of my country of origin. I was living in Canada at the time.

I realized I made a big mistake because the rate of processing applications by the CPP-Ottawa office (which I should have specified) seemed fast at the time, whereas I had no idea about the speed of the European office. I e-mailed CPP-Ottawa to ask that my file be transferred, and I got a cryptic response indicating that my application may be at CPP-Ottawa, and when I asked for clarification I didn't get a reply.

So for a long time I didn't know which office was processing my application....

Anyway, I recently applied for GCMS notes. The file I got back indicates that my application is, in fact, at the CPP-Ottawa office. I think they may automatically forward all applications submitted by a person in Canada to CPP-Ottawa (even if you specify a foreign visa office), or they may have done that for me because I asked for it.

Hope this is helpful...

gn53914

Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arbutus said:
A few people on this forum have expressed concern about selecting the wrong visa office when they filed their application. I am one of those people, and wanted to share my experience.

I submitted my application to CIO-Sydney in June 2012 and indicated that I wanted my application processed by a foreign visa office (in Europe) which serves applicants of my country of origin. I was living in Canada at the time.

I realized I made a big mistake because the rate of processing applications by the CPP-Ottawa office (which I should have specified) seemed fast at the time, whereas I had no idea about the speed of the European office. I e-mailed CPP-Ottawa to ask that my file be transferred, and I got a cryptic response indicating that my application may be at CPP-Ottawa, and when I asked for clarification I didn't get a reply.

Anyway, I recently applied for GCMS notes. The file I got back indicates that my application is, in fact, at the CPP-Ottawa office. I think they may automatically forward all applications submitted by a person in Canada to CPP-Ottawa (even if you specify a foreign visa office), or they may have done that for me because I asked for it.

Hope this is helpful...
Thanks for sharing your experience.

kaytea

Star Member
Jan 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2014
LANDED..........
19-01-2014
arbutus said:

Hope this is helpful...
This gives me a little peace of mind. I did the same, since I didn't really understand "visa office of your country or residence or where you have been lawfully admitted for at least one year". Thought I was playing safe to submit it to mexico where they process PR applications for my country or origin. I'm gonna have to contact them and see what they say.
Thanks!