+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong processing center

mitchber30

Dec 27, 2019
We applied for spousal sponsorship!we send our application to incorrect processing center. My husband who is living in canada as PR send it to Mississuga instead of Sydney,NS..what should we do?pls help

krishnat

Jul 4, 2013
We applied for spousal sponsorship!we send our application to incorrect processing center. My husband who is living in canada as PR send it to Mississuga instead of Sydney,NS..what should we do?pls help
is this inland or outland?

mitchber30

Dec 27, 2019
is this inland or outland?
Hello..iam confused as well krishnat,but currently im in the philippines and my husband is currently residing in canada as a peanent resident. So i dont know if this is an inland or outland application..i really appreciate u for replying to my post

chotemiya3

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Hello..iam confused as well krishnat,but currently im in the philippines and my husband is currently residing in canada as a peanent resident. So i dont know if this is an inland or outland application..i really appreciate u for replying to my post
Outland application is when the spouse to be sponsored for Permanent Residency is residing outside of Canada. Inland application is when the spouse is residing in Canada with the Sponsor and the application type is selected as inland application where the applicant will also have the choice to apply for a open work permit so that they can work in Canada while waiting for the outcome of their PR application. I would suppose that you are applying for outland as you are currently residing in the Philippines.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html#submit

According to this guide, inland application go to Mississauga while outland goes to Sydney. I am not sure if CPC will forward your application for you. You can call and check with IRCC if this is the case, however there is a good chance they may return the application to you. To be on the safe side, prepare a new set of application to send to Sydney (to save time) while you confirm with IRCC on wether they will forward or return your application to you.

mitchber30

Dec 27, 2019
Outland application is when the spouse to be sponsored for Permanent Residency is residing outside of Canada. Inland application is when the spouse is residing in Canada with the Sponsor and the application type is selected as inland application where the applicant will also have the choice to apply for a open work permit so that they can work in Canada while waiting for the outcome of their PR application. I would suppose that you are applying for outland as you are currently residing in the Philippines.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html#submit

According to this guide, inland application go to Mississauga while outland goes to Sydney. I am not sure if CPC will forward your application for you. You can call and check with IRCC if this is the case, however there is a good chance they may return the application to you. To be on the safe side, prepare a new set of application to send to Sydney (to save time) while you confirm with IRCC on wether they will forward or return your application to you.
I really appreciate your time replying to my post..it helps me to understand about the application..just one more thing do have any phone number for IRCC for my husband to call..thank u so much

chotemiya3

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
I really appreciate your time replying to my post..it helps me to understand about the application..just one more thing do have any phone number for IRCC for my husband to call..thank u so much
Not a problem. You can contact IRCC by phone or a webform. Webform takes a few weeks for them to reply at the moment. The phone line can only be called from within Canada.

You can find both options on the following page:- https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html

All the best and I hope everything works out well for you.

krishnat

Jul 4, 2013
I would suggest sending the new application to the Sydney office instead of waiting to get the return from Mississauga and send it again as it will take enormous time to get a response back from them.

Probably filling new application is easy