+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

wrong placement of name on COPR.

ruds007

Mar 7, 2012
Hi friends,
On my COPR,my full name is on 'surname' field,but nothing on the 'given name' field.i realized that was a mistake when i went service Canada for SIN card after 3 days of landing and on the same day i sent supplementary identification form and other supporting documents with a cover letter as advised by a cic official to PR card processing center in sydney NS.Now it's been over 6 weeks, im waiting for my PR card before i leave canada.
my biggest concern is, i have another 4 months to go back my home country and bring my family here in canada,and i heard it takes up to 6 months to get new COPR(amended).by the time my family's immigrant visa will expire.and i am so worried.
did anyone had similar problem and situation? and please advise me if anyone get idea how to fix it soon.
thanks.

sam pk

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-07-2012
ruds007 said:
Hi friends,
On my COPR,my full name is on 'surname' field,but nothing on the 'given name' field.i realized that was a mistake when i went service Canada for SIN card after 3 days of landing and on the same day i sent supplementary identification form and other supporting documents with a cover letter as advised by a cic official to PR card processing center in sydney NS.Now it's been over 6 weeks, im waiting for my PR card before i leave canada.
my biggest concern is, i have another 4 months to go back my home country and bring my family here in canada,and i heard it takes up to 6 months to get new COPR(amended).by the time my family's immigrant visa will expire.and i am so worried.
did anyone had similar problem and situation? and please advise me if anyone get idea how to fix it soon.
thanks.
Dear i also a same thing happened on my CORP "place of birth "field empty nothing is written. but one of my friends asked regarding this to CIC through email they said that is does not countable , my question is to your, at the Porty of entry when you were landing, haven't seen by immigration office and he did not mark at that time

ruds007

Mar 7, 2012
hi Sam thanks for your post,
when i land, i notify to IO about name and he asked me' is your name correct?"since two letters of my last name was missing,he said this is not a problem' but he did not say anything about given name field.and i signed it.
now i am waiting for my pr card.i hope this gonna be ok.

sam pk

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-07-2012
ruds007 said:
hi Sam thanks for your post,
when i land, i notify to IO about name and he asked me' is your name correct?"since two letters of my last name was missing,he said this is not a problem' but he did not say anything about given name field.and i signed it.
now i am waiting for my pr card.i hope this gonna be ok.
Ok Dear best of luck for your PR pls tell when you were landed and how much you have showed money at POE ,IO officer asked about money