+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong Passport number in application . Help!!!

Oct 9, 2019
Urgent Need Help,
I just got a medical call after a month of application submission (student visa non-sds). After sending my info for a medical appointment (name, passport number, contact number, etc) they notified me that I have provided the wrong passport number (i have given the booklet number instead of passport number). Upon further inspection, I found that I have made the same mistake in the visa application form. What should i do now? Need help!!!

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Urgent Need Help,
I just got a medical call after a month of application submission (student visa non-sds). After sending my info for a medical appointment (name, passport number, contact number, etc) they notified me that I have provided the wrong passport number (i have given the booklet number instead of passport number). Upon further inspection, I found that I have made the same mistake in the visa application form. What should i do now? Need help!!!
contact cic via web form

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

and explain your situation. do add proof of a valid document showing the right information.

good luck !

Oct 9, 2019
contact cic via web form

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

and explain your situation. do add proof of a valid document showing the right information.

good luck !
Thanks for your response. I am under tremendous stress right now. I just want to that will it be a negative point if i contact them through web form and explain my mistake? Furthermore, as i have got the medical call after all the inspection so does it mean they know my mistake and have corrected it?

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your response. I am under tremendous stress right now. I just want to that will it be a negative point if i contact them through web form and explain my mistake? Furthermore, as i have got the medical call after all the inspection so does it mean they know my mistake and have corrected it?
well, its always a must to be true especially with CIC.

I would suggest "dont assume". do the needy things on your end rather than to wait for them to inform you negatively.

Note: contacting cic via web form has no ill effects. :)

Oct 9, 2019
well, its always a must to be true especially with CIC.

I would suggest "dont assume". do the needy things on your end rather than to wait for them to inform you negatively.

Note: contacting cic via web form has no ill effects. :)
Last thing, will it cause a delay in the processing time if i contact them? Or can this cause rejection of my visa? As everyone says that if you got a medical call from the embassy it means you have 99% of getting visa.

armon

Nov 4, 2019
Need help ... I aaded wrong passport number in application form ... first character in my passport number was "l" that I entered "1" in my form.
What can i do now ? please help me ...
Now I am waiting for final answer and I done biometric about 5 week ago.
Whats the next step for me ? And how can i solve this problem ...
Please help me

kunalchhabra

Feb 23, 2022
Need help ... I aaded wrong passport number in application form ... first character in my passport number was "l" that I entered "1" in my form.
What can i do now ? please help me ...
Now I am waiting for final answer and I done biometric about 5 week ago.
Whats the next step for me ? And how can i solve this problem ...
Please help me
@armon did you received your visa?