+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong passport for biometrics

palharsh

Dec 14, 2020
Hii All,
Please help me. I took my sister passport while went for biometrics. The officer did not check properly aso and i gave my fingerprints For CEC application. When i cam back home then i saw it is not my passport. And also the receipt he provided for reference has my sister name. Please someone advise me what to do now?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hii All,
Please help me. I took my sister passport while went for biometrics. The officer did not check properly aso and i gave my fingerprints For CEC application. When i cam back home then i saw it is not my passport. And also the receipt he provided for reference has my sister name. Please someone advise me what to do now?
Go back to them now and tell them.

palharsh

Dec 14, 2020
Go back to them now and tell them.
It is 3 hour drive from my place to service canada and next two days are holidays.
Biometrics have been updated on my application as well under my sister name. Should i call to ircc and explain them everything?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
It is 3 hour drive from my place to service canada and next two days are holidays.
Biometrics have been updated on my application as well under my sister name. Should i call to ircc and explain them everything?
Yes you need to contact them. Call them or submit a webform. You will have to redo the biometrics obviously.

Reactions: palharsh

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Thank you so much. I am so tensed. I need to wait for monday now.
No worries mistakes happen. They will help you fix it. Actually it might be better if you send a webform to IRCC now, and in the webform explain what happened and tell them that you will be calling service Canada first thing on Monday.

Reactions: palharsh

palharsh

Dec 14, 2020
No worries mistakes happen. They will help you fix it. Actually it might be better if you send a webform to IRCC now, and in the webform explain what happened and tell them that you will be calling service Canada first thing on Monday.
Hii, sorry. Should i call to service canada as well?? or just ircc?

palharsh

Dec 14, 2020
Hii,
I called to ircc. The agent said just wait for now. The officer will see the webform which i sent and will tell what to do next.
Thank you.