+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong passport expiry date IEC

Abigail123

Dec 12, 2017
Hi

I have received an invitation to apply for the International Experience Canada but have since realised I wrote the wrong expiry date when starting the process. I put it 3 days after the actual date.

It is not possible to remove the original passport, only add another passport to which I could write the correct details. This would however mean there are two passports attached to my file - one of which doesn't actually exist.

Can someone who has been in a similar situation advise what I should do?

Thank you

Reactions: brendanjames94
Feb 21, 2019
In the very same predicament at the moment, wrong expiry date on the passport trick.
has anyone had any luck with a solution?

my due date is comming up shortly, I don't know weather to attatch a letter of explaination, with my applicaition explaining the mistake, or withdraw my application and re wait and pray another invitation comes through.

Don't know what the chances on either two but I don't want to pay the fee and get declined for incorrect information,
where i could've decline and have the invtiation come right away a second time possibly ?

please help

teedeebee

May 30, 2019
In the very same predicament at the moment, wrong expiry date on the passport trick.
has anyone had any luck with a solution?

my due date is comming up shortly, I don't know weather to attatch a letter of explaination, with my applicaition explaining the mistake, or withdraw my application and re wait and pray another invitation comes through.

Don't know what the chances on either two but I don't want to pay the fee and get declined for incorrect information,
where i could've decline and have the invtiation come right away a second time possibly ?

please help
Hi, did attaching the letter of explanation work for you?

Feb 21, 2019
Yes it worked, if anyone has any questions on Canada visas I would highly recommend a page on Facebook called
O Canada IEC Canada and support as this site left me hanging dry, but yes it went through and I’ve received a confirmation

Reactions: teedeebee

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Yes it worked, if anyone has any questions on Canada visas I would highly recommend a page on Facebook called
O Canada IEC Canada and support as this site left me hanging dry, but yes it went through and I’ve received a confirmation
The issue with this forum/site is that if you read the various threads/posts here there is a bias not only to applications for permanent residency but also towards questions from specific geographical areas i.e India/ Pakistan/Asia/Africa in general. So do not think would have been intentional leaving you hanging just the level of interest in answering IEC questions can unfortunately be more a matter of luck so as per your suggestion there are IEC specific forums out there.