+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

wrong occupation on the work permit

hermelin

Jun 9, 2014
Hey guys,
does anybody know how to change an occupation on the work permit? The immigration officer made a mistake when I entered Canada and it says now "wholesale manager" instead of Operations Co-ordinator, what can be an issue when applying for Canada Experience Class I guess, as my job contract says Operations Co-ordinator..

I have contacted CIC by phone and they emailed me an information how to amend a change in the "record of landing", but there is no field for the occupation change, jus for name, d.o.b., date of entry etc..

Anyone knows what to do, if I shloud still use this particular form or there is other way?

Thanks a lot

canadacec123

Feb 10, 2014
Toronto - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 20, 2013
AOR Received.
February 11, 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application.
Med's Request
August 28, 2014
Med's Done....
September 05, 2014
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
November 04, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 19, 2014
LANDED..........
November 25, 2014
hermelin said:
Hey guys,
does anybody know how to change an occupation on the work permit? The immigration officer made a mistake when I entered Canada and it says now "wholesale manager" instead of Operations Co-ordinator, what can be an issue when applying for Canada Experience Class I guess, as my job contract says Operations Co-ordinator..

I have contacted CIC by phone and they emailed me an information how to amend a change in the "record of landing", but there is no field for the occupation change, jus for name, d.o.b., date of entry etc..

Anyone knows what to do, if I shloud still use this particular form or there is other way?

Thanks a lot
First talk to your employer, What occupation they have filled out for you in the application. If CIC made the mistake then you can call them an address the issue with them. They will certainly be able to show you the path.