+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong Medical Form??

qiksilver

Feb 9, 2012
Hi:

I am an American married to a Canadian and processing in Canada. I just received the request and instructions for getting the medical exam from the CIC. The form they sent me is "IMM 1017 E GCMS" and it is not stamped "EDE." As a spousal applicant, I understand that I am "excessive demand exempt" and therefore will not have to have any other tests than a routine physical. Should I phone CIC and request the proper form or does it matter?

I admit I am freaking out here a little. I think I am healthy, but you never know. My husband and I really can't afford a bunch of extra tests, either.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Farfelu

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-JUN-2012
Doc's Request.
01-AUG-2012
AOR Received.
17-JUL-2012
File Transfer...
12-OCT-2012
Med's Request
01-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
30-AUG-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-APR-2013
That should be the correct medical examination form for excessive-demand exempt applicants from within Canada. It even lists "Vegreville" as the Case Processing Centre, so you should be ok using that one.

PDF form can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1017SCLE.pdf

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
qiksilver said:
I understand that I am "excessive demand exempt" and therefore will not have to have any other tests than a routine physical.
Not true... yes you are excessive demand exempt, but you are not danger to public health, danger to public safety exempt, if you do the medical and the CIC wants more tests you will have to have them you can not have anything that could cause an outbreak... TB is the highest ranked on the list right now, you will not be denied but will have to receive treatment and be cleared before you application goes any further.
But the link Farfelu posted should be the one you want.

qiksilver

Feb 9, 2012
Thanks for the answers.

I am pretty sure I don't have TB or any other communicable disease. :D I'm not worried about having to take extra tests or undergo treatment for that.I merely want to avoid things like an extra EKG to prove my heart isn't damaged because I have high blood pressure.

Should I even disclose that I have high blood pressure which is well controlled with medication?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
qiksilver said:
Thanks for the answers.

I am pretty sure I don't have TB or any other communicable disease. :D I'm not worried about having to take extra tests or undergo treatment for that.I merely want to avoid things like an extra EKG to prove my heart isn't damaged because I have high blood pressure.

Should I even disclose that I have high blood pressure which is well controlled with medication?
The DMP will ask you if you are taking any medication, and if you have any chronic disease... so yes, you should tell him/her. it's not a reason to not have your visa, and so it won't harm your application, and it's best to stay truthful - and in addition the DMP will probably see that you have high blood pressure when performing the checks during the medical visit.
Sweden