+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong Marital Status on COPR

pkkhalidom

Sep 30, 2014
Dear All,

I have landed with my wife on 12th February 2016. After landing, I noticed that my marital status is written single while my wife's status is married. Now my COPR is already stamped. whom should i contact now. I wrote email to my VO and he advised me to contact Operations Support Centre: Ottawa, Ontario. They just a have a postal address. No phone nos. no email address. Please help me now.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

pkkhalidom said:
Dear All,

I have landed with my wife on 12th February 2016. After landing, I noticed that my marital status is written single while my wife's status is married. Now my COPR is already stamped. whom should i contact now. I wrote email to my VO and he advised me to contact Operations Support Centre: Ottawa, Ontario. They just a have a postal address. No phone nos. no email address. Please help me now.
1. Nothing can be done over the phone or by email. You have to apply for an amendment: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/amend.asp

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
pkkhalidom said:
Dear All,

Did you get married while your application was in progress.
Coz the same happened to me.
Our marital status is stored against the UCI.
When I initially applied, I was single. I added my wife later to the PR application.
When we received COPR and VISAs, I realized that we both had each other as dependents on our COPR.
However, her marital status was married, while mine was single.

Good thing is that we had gone to Vienna VO to pick COPR and VISAs in person and identified the mistake on spot.
Got the COPR corrected and VISA re-stamped.

I suggest you either call up CIC or raise an ECAS with your Visa Office.