+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong Mailing Address on Ecas

hello007

Jul 14, 2017
Hello Friends,

Yesterday (14/July) I received my AOR and today I checked ecas and was able to get in and I see that status is shown as 'Application received'.

I see that 'Home Address' shown correctly but the 'Mailing Address' on ecas is an old address (i.e., address is of my representative when I was doing my PR).

Now the options are:
(1) Wait until my application goes to 'in-process' and hope for them to correct the 'Mailing Address'.
(2) Use address update option in ecas and correct the 'Mailing Address' myself (which is same as 'Home Address')

Question: When I tried option-2 above, it will ask me to update both 'Home Address' and 'Mailing Address' - Since my 'Home Address' is correct, do I need to re-enter the same address again during update ?

Please note that without updating 'Home Address', I can't submit the updated 'Mailing Address'.

Can someone guide me on how to go about it ?

Thanks in advance.

soul2017

Apr 29, 2017
I have the same situation with the addresss . I updated it online and waited 5 days as it was suggested by the website and Then when I checked the e cas again the home address was corrected and the mailing address still the same so I had to call them and confirmed the mailing address . The agent checked and told me ur address ( home and mailing are the same ) but sometime the system is not communicating with the updates and then checked again 2 days later and It was fixed and corrected . So all what you have to do is calling them . And confirm with them .hope that helps

Reactions: wasiqjaved

hello007

Jul 14, 2017
I have the same situation with the addresss . I updated it online and waited 5 days as it was suggested by the website and Then when I checked the e cas again the home address was corrected and the mailing address still the same so I had to call them and confirmed the mailing address . The agent checked and told me ur address ( home and mailing are the same ) but sometime the system is not communicating with the updates and then checked again 2 days later and It was fixed and corrected . So all what you have to do is calling them . And confirm with them .hope that helps
Thanks soul2017 for sharing your experience.
I've updated on ecas and will wait for 5 days and see whether address is corrected. If not, I will call them.

By the way, can you please tell me the CIC phone number i need to call in case i need to.

Thanks again.

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
IRCC call centre: 1-888-242-2100

Mon-Fri 8:00 -16:00hrs

Reactions: hello007

hello007

Jul 14, 2017
IRCC call centre: 1-888-242-2100

Mon-Fri 8:00 -16:00hrs
My application was set to in-progress' on 25/July (as per Ecas) and I spoke to one of the IRCC representative about incorrect "postal address' on 25/July (2.5 weeks back) and representative checked my file and confirmed that they don't see the incorrect postal address on my file. Also, asked me to wait for some more time to see the updates on Ecas.

But I re-checked Ecas today (after 2.5 weeks) and I still see the incorrect the "Postal address" and now I'm wondering what should I do now ? and below are the possible options I can think of.

1. Call back IRCC and report the issue with Ecas ? Or
2. Wait for one more week.and check Ecas again ? Or
3. Ok to ignore the incorrect "Postal Address' on Ecas and assuming it won't impact anything.

Kindly guide me on how to go about it.

Thanks in advance.

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
My application was set to in-progress' on 25/July (as per Ecas) and I spoke to one of the IRCC representative about incorrect "postal address' on 25/July (2.5 weeks back) and representative checked my file and confirmed that they don't see the incorrect postal address on my file. Also, asked me to wait for some more time to see the updates on Ecas.

But I re-checked Ecas today (after 2.5 weeks) and I still see the incorrect the "Postal address" and now I'm wondering what should I do now ? and below are the possible options I can think of.

1. Call back IRCC and report the issue with Ecas ? Or
2. Wait for one more week.and check Ecas again ? Or
3. Ok to ignore the incorrect "Postal Address' on Ecas and assuming it won't impact anything.

Kindly guide me on how to go about it.

Thanks in advance.
you know what my friend ,,!!! sometimes I imagining those IRCC call center what in the earth they are doing ??? and how can I apply to join them ????

yezdi_in

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-01-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-08-2013
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014
Hello Friends,

Yesterday (14/July) I received my AOR and today I checked ecas and was able to get in and I see that status is shown as 'Application received'.

I see that 'Home Address' shown correctly but the 'Mailing Address' on ecas is an old address (i.e., address is of my representative when I was doing my PR).

Now the options are:
(1) Wait until my application goes to 'in-process' and hope for them to correct the 'Mailing Address'.
(2) Use address update option in ecas and correct the 'Mailing Address' myself (which is same as 'Home Address')

Question: When I tried option-2 above, it will ask me to update both 'Home Address' and 'Mailing Address' - Since my 'Home Address' is correct, do I need to re-enter the same address again during update ?

Please note that without updating 'Home Address', I can't submit the updated 'Mailing Address'.

Can someone guide me on how to go about it ?

Thanks in advance.
I am also in the same situation. How did you solve it?

1) Did you have to call CIC or was it done with the online submission itself?

2) If through online, did you fill the "changed "home address giving the same address, since there is no change in home address and the form doesn't allow changing the mailing address alone ?

Thanks.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I am also in the same situation. How did you solve it?

1) Did you have to call CIC or was it done with the online submission itself?

2) If through online, did you fill the "changed "home address giving the same address, since there is no change in home address and the form doesn't allow changing the mailing address alone ?

Thanks.
You can submit an online request through ecas. Yes, you need to update home address again. Once the update takes effect, your mailing address will completely disappear from ECAS, if it's the same as your home address.

Alternatively, mailing address will automatically get update to the correct address once your application starts processing, i.e. "In Process" status on ECAS.

yezdi_in

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-01-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-08-2013
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014
You can submit an online request through ecas. Yes, you need to update home address again. Once the update takes effect, your mailing address will completely disappear from ECAS, if it's the same as your home address.

Alternatively, mailing address will automatically get update to the correct address once your application starts processing, i.e. "In Process" status on ECAS.
@razerblade, Thanks for the reply. So, does it mean that even if I don't correct it now, it will be automatically corrected when the status change to "In process" and hence it is not necessary to do it now?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
@razerblade, Thanks for the reply. So, does it mean that even if I don't correct it now, it will be automatically corrected when the status change to "In process" and hence it is not necessary to do it now?
Correct. But my advice would be to correct it on ECAS anyway instead of waiting. I had the same problem, and corrected it. Took 2-3 days for the update to reflect.

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
I was in exactly the same situation as the original poster.

But I didn't do anything, as the PR mailing address is still OK. IRCC correctly sent the mail to the new mailing address specified in the citizenship application, which is different than the mailing address in the ecas.

GrandeAmericano

Feb 17, 2016

Hi, I am also in the same situation as the original poster where my mailing address locates to my representative's office back when I applied for PR.

I wanted to follow your suggestions and update my home&mail address online but the "effective date of the new mailing address" field confuses me since it technically never changed. If you could kindly comment on this, it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks!

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I am also in the same situation as the original poster where my mailing address locates to my representative's office back when I applied for PR.

I wanted to follow your suggestions and update my home&mail address online but the "effective date of the new mailing address" field confuses me since it technically never changed. If you could kindly comment on this, it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Effective date can be pre-dated, no?

GrandeAmericano

Feb 17, 2016
Sorry, I may have left out some important details...I lived in my current mailing address 5 years ago(e.g. place A), moved around to different locations(B and C), and moved back to place A and applied for the citizenship. So I'm a bit lost here.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

Thanks!
As pre-dated effective date wont revert the communications that are sent out till yesterday, just give the date from today. I think that they kept it for the future dates as people move to different address hence it will be helpful for them to schedule the communication. So i think that having past date as effective date wont make any difference.

Sorry, I may have left out some important details...I lived in my current mailing address 5 years ago(e.g. place A), moved around to different locations(B and C), and moved back to place A and applied for the citizenship. So I'm a bit lost here.
THey have the old PR card addresses. So just submit the change of address with effective date as today.