+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong Information on Biometric Letter

Truehuman

Feb 22, 2019
Hi,

I went to give my biometric and realized that information on the letter generated by Canada immigration has the wrong Country of Birth and Country of Citizenship so could not give my fingerprints and they asked to rectify this and reschedule. I am unable to contact the Canada immigration. Please help me on this, what to do?

Thanks

Last edited:

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Hi,

I went to give my biometric and realized that information on the letter generated by Canada immigration has the wrong Country of Birth and Country of Citizenship so could not give my fingerprints and they ask to rectify this and reschedule. I am unable to contact the Canada immigration. Please help me on this what, to do?

Thanks
You need to create a Case Specific Enquiry (CSE) quickly to inform IRCC. The link to CSE can be obtained via AOR pdf document.

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Reactions: Truehuman

Truehuman

Feb 22, 2019
AOR stands for 'Acknowledgement of receipt' and you will have this letter in your IRCC account / application page. What @nns14 meant was that the link to the CSE webpage can be found in the AOR pdf document that you received in your account.
And yes, the link you have is correct.
Thank you so much. I did that, My last day to do biometric is May 06. I am not sure if I will be able to make that with this current situation.

Marie85

Aug 30, 2018
Japan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2019
AOR Received.
23-04-2019
Med's Done....
12-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
29/09/2019
Hi,

I went to give my biometric and realized that information on the letter generated by Canada immigration has the wrong Country of Birth and Country of Citizenship so could not give my fingerprints and they ask to rectify this and reschedule. I am unable to contact the Canada immigration. Please help me on this what, to do?

Thanks
The same thing happened to me. I called IRCC and spoke to an agent there, they put a note in for me, and I also raised a CSE. My situation is a little bit different in that, I spotted it right away so I was able to get it done before the deadline.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
You need to call them on Tuesday (I am not sure if they are w open on Monday) . Their customer care is open from 7am to 7pm Ottawa time. Call them as soon as they open as waiting time would be a lot shorter.

Dial

+16139444000

Use Google hangout

On the prompts choose like this

Then call will be transferred
0 to speak to an agent

Truehuman

Feb 22, 2019
The same thing happened to me. I called IRCC and spoke to an agent there, they put a note in for me, and I also raised a CSE. My situation is a little bit different in that, I spotted it right away so I was able to get it done before the deadline.
Could you please share the number?

Truehuman

Feb 22, 2019
You need to call them on Tuesday (I am not sure if they are w open on Monday) . Their customer care is open from 7am to 7pm Ottawa time. Call them as soon as they open as waiting time would be a lot shorter.

Dial

+16139444000

Use Google hangout

On the prompts choose like this

Then call will be transferred
0 to speak to an agent
Trying...thanks:)

Marie85

Aug 30, 2018
Japan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2019
AOR Received.
23-04-2019
Med's Done....
12-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
29/09/2019

Truehuman

Feb 22, 2019
It seems the office is closed after 4 pm. Any idea if the office will be closed on easter Monday as well? Also how many days do they take to reply case inquiry? This is really an annoying situation for me.

Last edited:

Truehuman

Feb 22, 2019
Hey Marie, question? In how many days they generated new biometric letter for you. I called them today and they have complained to the dept who generates the letter and said they cannot tell the timeframe but should be done.

Uzinair

Jun 17, 2019
It seems the office is closed after 4 pm. Any idea if the office will be closed on easter Monday as well? Also how many days do they take to reply case inquiry? This is really an annoying situation for me.
Hey any update on this ? I have a similar situation with my letter (generated on June 20) having my husband’s name on it. My agent raised a query , and did all that was needed. They gave 3-4 weeks time. Its the sixth week and i havent heard from them.
Also, does the whole process come to a standstill until my biometrics isnt done?
Thanks in advance!

$hr3y@

May 27, 2019
Hey Marie, question? In how many days they generated new biometric letter for you. I called them today and they have complained to the dept who generates the letter and said they cannot tell the timeframe but should be done.
Hey,
I am in a similar situation. How long did they take to give you the correct BIL? In my case, spouse's name is incorrect. Should i visit VAC, only after getting the name corrected on BIL? Or do i visit the centre anyway.

Rahael

Nov 22, 2019
Hi Friends,
I am in the same situation. They have misspelled my first name. Can anyone let me know if you were able resolve this issue. Should I wait for a name change and a corrected BIL to proceed? Kindly help