+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong information entered while applying for the ITA

gr0271

Oct 18, 2018
Hello guys,
I received my GCMS results today and I found a major issue in my application.
I had hired a lawyer to do my express entry application, and in the question: "Have you applied to IRCC before?" She has mentioned "No", whereas I have applied before for my Visitor Visa. Please advise what can I do now to correct the situation.
The reason I couldnt check my profile was that she did my application through her own account which I dont have access to.
Also, this was mentioned for my settlement funds, for which I had only submitted my online bank statements.
SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Review Required Family of 1 requires CAD $12 475 NOTE: EDOC 230662674
I am a little worried now, please advise the next appropriate steps.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hello guys,
I had hired a lawyer to do my express entry application, and in the question: "Have you applied to IRCC before?" She has mentioned "No", whereas I have applied before for my Visitor Visa. Please advise what can I do now to correct the situation.
The reason I couldnt check my profile was that she did my application through her own account which I dont have access to.
Also, this was mentioned for my settlement funds, for which I had only submitted my online bank statements.
SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Review Required Family of 1 requires CAD $12 475 NOTE: EDOC 230662674
My deepest wish for all future applicants is to stop using immigration lawyers/agents.... *deep sigh*...

Anywho, your best course of action is to raise CSE through Webform, and inform them that your agent made a mistake in your application, for show of good faith. Be completely truthful and honest. The LOE will go in your file, and will be accessible to any agent/officer reviewing your application.

Your immigration agent should've at least had the professional decency of having you review the application before submitting it!

For POF, there could be 100 reasons why he put *review required*. Maybe he couldn't convert the currency, maybe spotted something that looked like a loan, or an information is missing in your bank letter... But as long as you're sure you meet the threshold, nothing to worry about. *Review required* seems like a standard practice as soon as agent sees something he doesn't understand, and cannot therefore make a conclusion. Like a precaution.

harman2725

Jun 16, 2015
Nz
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17
Hello guys,

Dont do anything.

Just Wait ,, if you tell anything regarding previos application or immigration agent not teuthfull, it will have negative impact coz you have authorized the agent to apply on behalf of yourself.

If your and agents statement dont match , that's a big no.

Just wait and you will get PR soon.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Dont do anything.

Just Wait ,, if you tell anything regarding previos application or immigration agent not teuthfull, it will have negative impact coz you have authorized the agent to apply on behalf of yourself.

If your and agents statement dont match , that's a big no.

Just wait and you will get PR soon.
Totally disagree.
Not doing anything is worse than submitting CSE with a LOE explaining the mistake. These mistakes happen frequently, and case agents/officers are open to these corrections being made during the process.
There won't be any discrepancy anyway, because his agent will be the one submitting it anyways. It's one application with one representative. There won't be two different stories...
Staying arms crossed and hoping for PR while an important question has been erroneously answered is wishful thinking.

Reactions: Noramoda and scylla

gr0271

Oct 18, 2018
I also feel LoE is Important. Although according to my lawyer it's not a big deal since we submitted my canada visa copy and canada travel detail, Which is funny. It is a matter of immigration and a minor mistake can do damage.

Anyways, what do you guys think regarding my financial statement issue? I feel I shall also explain that in the letter. Please advice on the content of the letter and what reason shall I write regarding the mistakes made on my side??

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I also feel LoE is Important. Although according to my lawyer it's not a big deal since we submitted my canada visa copy and canada travel detail, Which is funny. It is a matter of immigration and a minor mistake can do damage.

Anyways, what do you guys think regarding my financial statement issue? I feel I shall also explain that in the letter. Please advice on the content of the letter and what reason shall I write regarding the mistakes made on my side??
I think you should ditch your agent in a spectacular manner. Remember, he doesn't care if you get rejected or not. Of course he'll say it's no biggie because it's extra work for him to write a LOE and submit it!
You're taking a big risk. But it's your call.
I hope it will be fine.

Reactions: Krystine

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
It's a big deal if your earlier visa was denied and not reported. If not then i don't think there is anything to worry abt.

mrjayd

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28/03/2018
IELTS Request
4/04/2018
Med's Done....
5/04/2018
Passport Req..
1-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2018
LANDED..........
28-01-2019
I think you should ditch your agent in a spectacular manner. Remember, he doesn't care if you get rejected or not. Of course he'll say it's no biggie because it's extra work for him to write a LOE and submit it!
You're taking a big risk. But it's your call.
I hope it will be fine.
They will consider it misrepresentation, it will do you so much good to submit an LOE, stating it was an oversight or mistake.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
They will consider it misrepresentation, it will do you so much good to submit an LOE, stating it was an oversight or mistake.
I'm not sure if it will go all the to the point of misrepresentation, but still an important matter, as it's a statutory question.

mrjayd

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28/03/2018
IELTS Request
4/04/2018
Med's Done....
5/04/2018
Passport Req..
1-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2018
LANDED..........
28-01-2019
I'm not sure if it will go all the to the point of misrepresentation, but still an important matter, as it's a statutory question.
As much as i agree, i have read on this forum where a procedural fairness letter was sent to someone for failing to disclose that he was denied visit visa to canada.he selected No on his application.

gr0271

Oct 18, 2018
But I was granted the tourist Visa, and have already travelled to Canada on it. So I guess the best plan of action would be to write a letter of explanation stating that it was a mistake.
Secondly, since I did not send the bank letter before, what shall I write the reason for submitting it now??
I really appreciate you guys helping me out!!

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
As much as i agree, i have read on this forum where a procedural fairness letter was sent to someone for failing to disclose that he was denied visit visa to canada.he selected No on his application.
I believe he wasn't denied.
Applied for visa, got accepted. Just answered No to "Have you applied for Canada visa before".
Misrepresentation is the voluntary retention of material facts to gain an advantage towards securing PR.
I doubt it qualified as such.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
But I was granted the tourist Visa, and have already travelled to Canada on it. So I guess the best plan of action would be to write a letter of explanation stating that it was a mistake.
Secondly, since I did not send the bank letter before, what shall I write the reason for submitting it now??
I really appreciate you guys helping me out!!
Hold on...
You haven't submitted bank letter at all? When is your AOR?

gr0271

Oct 18, 2018
Hold on...
You haven't submitted bank letter at all? When is your AOR?
No, only online bank statements, ordered the GCMS notes, it said in notes "Review Required", but in some places where it says 'minimum funds', it says 'Met'.
My AOR was on 11th July 2018.

gr0271

Oct 18, 2018
I believe he wasn't denied.
Applied for visa, got accepted. Just answered No to "Have you applied for Canada visa before".
Misrepresentation is the voluntary retention of material facts to gain an advantage towards securing PR.
I doubt it qualified as such.
Yes, I got the visa