Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hi @myra20sharma , 4 working days have passed since I raised the issue on webform and email as well, but no response. How much should i wait before sending a mail again?
Webforms take 7-28 days to get a reply. And Monday 20th May was a Canadian Stat. Holiday so as far as I know they do not work on Canadian Holidays anywhere.

Sometimes you won't even get a reply on email and/or webform but the update would be done and will be reflected in the online account (applicant Info).

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
Webforms take 7-28 days to get a reply. And Monday 20th May was a Canadian Stat. Holiday so as far as I know they do not work on Canadian Holidays anywhere.

Sometimes you won't even get a reply on email and/or webform but the update would be done and will be reflected in the online account (applicant Info).
Thanks.... They didn't updated the application till date. Can my dad start a new application parallelly?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Thanks.... They didn't updated the application till date. Can my dad start a new application parallelly?
You can't have two applications simultaneously. If you really want to not wait and reapply then you probably want to withdraw the first one. That also needs to be done using the webform.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=741&top=23

Curiosity question - where did you send the email about this update you wanted to do? On which email address?

Reactions: ankur_bisht

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
You can't have two applications simultaneously. If you really want to not wait and reapply then you probably want to withdraw the first one. That also needs to be done using the webform.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=741&top=23

Curiosity question - where did you send the email about this update you wanted to do? On which email address?
Thanks for prompt reply. I sent my application changes request to : " delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca " as suggested by you. Automatic reply came , but no change till date. I think, even if I cancel the application, they will again take 30 days .
I am not even sure, which visa office is processing my parents application. I mailed to Delhi . How will I make sure , I sent a mail to correct office? Biometric document doesn't list the name of office .

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Thanks for prompt reply. I sent my application changes request to : " delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca " as suggested by you. Automatic reply came , but no change till date. I think, even if I cancel the application, they will again take 30 days .
I am not even sure, which visa office is processing my parents application. I mailed to Delhi . How will I make sure , I sent a mail to correct office? Biometric document doesn't list the name of office .
Yeah! but when I did for myself, it was when by grandmother had got her PPR (biometrics were not required as she was over 80 yrs of age at the time). I emailed on this address on her behalf and then sent her to VFS for passport submission with the same PPR letter (with the incorrect name printed on) and a hard copy of the same email requesting the change. She gave the passport, PPR letter and the name change letter to VFS and the name was corrected on the visa sticker on her processed passport (when she received it) and also on the online account.

**PPR - Passport Request

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
Yeah! but when I did for myself, it was when by grandmother had got her PPR (biometrics were not required as she was over 80 yrs of age at the time). I emailed on this address on her behalf and then sent her to VFS for passport submission with the same PPR letter (with the incorrect name printed on) and a hard copy of the same email requesting the change. She gave the passport, PPR letter and the name change letter to VFS and the name was corrected on the visa sticker on her processed passport (when she received it) and also on the online account.

**PPR - Passport Request
Should I ask my parents to visit vfs with name change request mail? Delhi is 273 km far and will it be sure short things that VFS will allow them to submit biometric? or there can be a risk of getting a denial and returning back?

As per your suggestion , I have booked an appointment on 23rd

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Should I ask my parents to visit biometric with name change request mail? Delhi is 273 km far and will it be sure short things that VFS will allow them to submit biometric? or there can be a risk of getting a denial and returning back?

As per you suggestion , I have booked an appointment on 23rd

If I were you, I would have sent my parents. Like I send my grandmom with the PPR letter with her incorrect name. VFS is just a collection centre. They do not make any decisions for any application. I know it's risky but what else would I do if their 30 days are ending (deadline to provide the biometrics) and I have not received any email/webform reply?
I would write a letter to IRCC re-emphasizing on the correction, mentioning about the email I sent and the webform and send my parents with the same biometric collection letter.
When my grandmother went to VFS she even reiterated this in person too and the VFS executive told her that he's putting - her passport, PPR letter and the name rectification letter in one envelope so that the High commision sees it. And they did.

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
If I were you, I would have sent my parents. Like I send my grandmom with the PPR letter with her incorrect name. VFS is just a collection centre. They do not make any decisions for any application. I know it's risky but what else would I do if their 30 days are ending (deadline to provide the biometrics) and I have not received any email/webform reply?
I would write a letter to IRCC re-emphasizing on the correction, mentioning about the email I sent and the webform and send my parents with the same biometric collection letter.
When my grandmother went to VFS she even reiterated this in person too and the VFS executive told her that he's putting - her passport, PPR letter and the name rectification letter in one envelope so that the High commision sees it. And they did.
Thanks for you time. Really appreciate your help. Thank you :)

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
Hey @ankur_bisht what happened finally? Did you receieve a communication from delhi? Were you able to enroll the biometrics?
My parents went for biometric with the printout of the request email i sent to embassy, as I never got any reply from them.

Vfs delhi center didnt asked any questions regarding the incorrect name nor my dad produced the email I printed out and both names were updated correctly by vfs center .

Their visa got approved in next 3 days.

abbas888

Jan 31, 2020
hi bro mera aik msla he me ne canada visa k liye apply kiya ta ab muje Procedural Fairness letter mila he online account me ab me os letter ka reply kstra do mtlb na to email he koi na account me koi or option he unho ne 10 days ka time deya he agr reply nai deya wo bane krege 5 years k liye so please muje koi tarrqa btaye me kstra es letter ka reply kru muje bilkul koi smj nai arahe please help me

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
hi bro mera aik msla he me ne canada visa k liye apply kiya ta ab muje Procedural Fairness letter mila he online account me ab me os letter ka reply kstra do mtlb na to email he koi na account me koi or option he unho ne 10 days ka time deya he agr reply nai deya wo bane krege 5 years k liye so please muje koi tarrqa btaye me kstra es letter ka reply kru muje bilkul koi smj nai arahe please help me
Galat info deke galti kardi.

I have no idea, what justification needs to be send to embassy.
There are several post like this. Check them.

rohit1993

Feb 14, 2020
@ankur_bisht
Hi Ankur,
I am also facing the same situation unfortunately ☹, shall I go ahead and book the appointment for biometrics or shall I wait for the reply.
And do VFS people have the authorization to update the name.
I sent the email yesterday to the I'd which is mentioned by you in the thread.
Hope to hear from you.