+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong Immigration Office on application

Wwkk32

Jul 15, 2013
Hello I need some help.

I recently received the AOR from CIO in Nova Scotia. However, I just realized that I listed Kingston, Jamaica as the immigration processing office and that was a mistake. I applied under the CEC class and I applied within Canada. I should have listed CPP-O as the office for processing. In the AOR they said that they had forwarded my application to "a visa office" with no indication of which office. I'm wondering if they sent my application to CPP-O due to the fact that I applied within Canada...or did they send it to the office in Kingston Jamaica (this is the office that would process my application had I applied outside of Canada). If they did in fact send it to Kingston...what should I do?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wwkk32 said:
Hello I need some help.

I recently received the AOR from CIO in Nova Scotia. However, I just realized that I listed Kingston, Jamaica as the immigration processing office and that was a mistake. I applied under the CEC class and I applied within Canada. I should have listed CPP-O as the office for processing. In the AOR they said that they had forwarded my application to "a visa office" with no indication of which office. I'm wondering if they sent my application to CPP-O due to the fact that I applied within Canada...or did they send it to the office in Kingston Jamaica (this is the office that would process my application had I applied outside of Canada). If they did in fact send it to Kingston...what should I do?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
If you applied from within Canada it will go to CPP-O irrespective of what you requested.

kaytea

Star Member
Jan 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2014
LANDED..........
19-01-2014
Hi, I had the same issue when I applied. I put the office where they process PRs from my country, when I applied within Canada.
I recently got GCMS notes to see the behind the scenes of my application.
The visa officer crossed out the office I put and wrote "CPR"
So they forward your application where it should go.
Somebody did the same thing and wrote an email to immigration, they replied saying that all applications are forwarded to ottawa no matter what you put, if you're in canada

Wwkk32

Jul 15, 2013
Hello guys! Thank you so much for your replies! I received an email from an officer in Ottawa who confirmed that my application was being processed at the Ottawa office. So I'm relieved!

PreetiCalgary2014

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
i left it blank since it says on cic website that if you're applying from within canada leave it blank not sure if they're gonna return or process it im so stressed out :(