+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

wrong declaration of gross income in t4 affects application for PR

maric_jps

Sep 20, 2010
i am getting ready all the requirements i need for applying my PR and OP, then my employer realized that the amount declared in my gross income is wrong that the accountant who prepared the t4 slips made an error and its too late to make the ammendements coz i will be applyingmy op and pr this month... does anybody know if this situation affects my application and what should i do about it.. shall i just submit the wrong one and pmy employer will provide a letter of explanation or just wait until feb to apply the pr that way i ahve a new t4 slips to present coz obviously my employer dont want to pay if incase he will amend my t4

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
It could affect the application if there are discrepancies. But you don't say what type of application for PR - not all applications require T4s...

Your employer is required to file an amended T4 statement, and give you copies. There may be little difference, but you will probably have to file an amended tax return as well.

Since your employer has to do it anyway, just do it and get it over with. You may have the corrected T4 sooner than you think, certainly it's better than waiting until you receive next year's....

marforicv

Oct 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will never go wrong with an accurate fact. Correct it as soon as you can. It will save you a lot of trouble in the future. Don't wait for the authorities to discover the discrepancy later. That's too risky and may jeopardize your PR application.