+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong College name on study permit

hpgb68

Jan 6, 2013
Hi

I am about to start a post secondary education at George Brown College. I just got my study permit issued at niagara immigration office. But today i've realized that institution name was entered incorrect by immigration officer. Instead of "George Brown College" it was "Georgian College" I know it was my mistake not to check it carefully and i really regret for it. I am now here in Toronto and i have no idea how to get it fixed. I appreciate any help.

Thank You...

RajGill

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
I just had question?Did you applied at port of entry as I also applied for study permit in Dec at Vegreville and still waitg for one?

In response to your query,I guess you can apply for verification and get it corrected see link below
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certcopy.asp

pritish87

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
Nomination.....
28-10-2015
AOR Received.
10-12-2015
Med's Request
11-11-2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2015
hpgb68 said:
Hi

I am about to start a post secondary education at George Brown College. I just got my study permit issued at niagara immigration office. But today i've realized that institution name was entered incorrect by immigration officer. Instead of "George Brown College" it was "Georgian College" I know it was my mistake not to check it carefully and i really regret for it. I am now here in Toronto and i have no idea how to get it fixed. I appreciate any help.

Thank You...
Yes there is a option , you have to call CIC - canada immigration officer helpline, where they will ask you to post your work permit with correction form .This form and address details will be provided by them.

Form- Request to amend to record of landing. imm1000

virtu

Star Member
Aug 29, 2013
Giving a new life to this topic.

The same happened with my study permit, the immigration office insert a different college and I tried to call CIC Call Centre twice and always they are too busy.

So, I am going to do what is oriented to do in this site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certcopy.asp, following the Guide that are indicated and see what happens.

Any oher user in this same situation?

Tks.

virtu

Star Member
Aug 29, 2013
virtu said:
Giving a new life to this topic.

The same happened with my study permit, the immigration office insert a different college and I tried to call CIC Call Centre twice and always they are too busy.

So, I am going to do what is oriented to do in this site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certcopy.asp, following the Guide that are indicated and see what happens.

Any oher user in this same situation?

Tks.
Adding more information, I really don't know if the link that I posted is the correct way, because on the link it says:

Use this application to obtain a Verification of Status (VOS) document or a replacement copy of a valid temporary resident document that has been lost, stolen or destroyed.

Mine SP is not lost, stolen or destroyed, it have only a wrong institution name, so literally that process is not applicable for my case. I am going to call again to CIC to check what I have to do.

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what is the contact number of CIC? i tried calling them on 1-888-242‑2100 , there are only automated message, no option to talk to real person.

virtu

Star Member
Aug 29, 2013
hell911 said:
what is the contact number of CIC? i tried calling them on 1-888-242‑2100 , there are only automated message, no option to talk to real person.
I was/am using the same number.

propain

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hell911 said:
thats the right number.

u need to navigate through that to the agent.

u being a student would have to use option 2 on the main menu and then goto 7 for study permit options under that.

after u type 7 they would ask your 8 digit client id no and the 4 digits of your birthyear.

once you have entered this correctly the computer will say when your application was received at their office.

further if you hold you will be transferred to the next available agent.

the wait time could vary.

morning 6 is best to call as all of them would be sleeping and all agents are free :)

good luck

virtu

Star Member
Aug 29, 2013
Using the Help Line Centre I found this:

How do I correct an error on my immigration document?

If there is an error on your immigration document:

complete a Request to Amend Record of Landing, Confirmation of Permanent Residence or Valid Temporary Resident Documents form, and
send it to the Query Response Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.

An amendment will only be made if your document does not match the personal information in your entry passport.

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=041&t=12