+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong Citizenship Photo Size with Application

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi

1. DavidKen1 said s/he signed 25 September.
Ah I was responding to another user raphi's post who signed on October 12.

I suppose davidken may need to fill the new forms if app is returned. Someone called IRCC and was informed that they're accepting the old forms till Jan 2018 (not sure if beginning or end of Jan).

davidken1

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Thanks guys. Anybody here who has this experience or know somebody with this b4? I'm just so anxious, returning my application would be disastrous cos of flood of applications that went in after c6

Here is my original post

I just discovered that the studio I went to take my photo in Calgary printed me the old specification even though i told them about the new specification and the guy told me they are aware of the recent change and that the settings in their system would automatically print out the new photo size. I believed him and thought they know what they were doing. I got to know mine was the wrong size when I took a friend there yesterday and I noticed the size that was printed for him was bigger than the one they did for me last month so I ask what was going on and the guy was telling me stories bla bla.

Now I'm not sure if my application would be returned because of this? Any idea what could happen to my application? anybody once in this kind of situation with wrong citizenship photo size? Anything I can do to safe my application from getting returned?

davidken1

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
OMG just got AOR.. Thank you thank you everyone that responded. Nothing was mentioned about the wrong photo size. Does this means the photo is okay? Any comment would be helpful.

Also approximately how long from the receipt of this email would I be able to access ECAS?

Thanks folks

Reactions: vasvas

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
OMG just got AOR.. Thank you thank you everyone that responded. Nothing was mentioned about the wrong photo size. Does this means the photo is okay? Any comment would be helpful.

Also approximately how long from the receipt of this email would I be able to access ECAS?

Thanks folks
Congratulations ! You can try it now - when did you get the email? Just now?

raphi974

Oct 20, 2017

Thanks folks
congrats! i'm kinda relieved.Either they accepted it or they may demand any new ones as it was mentionned on the page.
Nowhere was mentioned they ll send it back,but seeing in practise with examples as yours is relieving.
so you sent pictures 35mmx45mm?

davidken1

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
congrats! i'm kinda relieved.Either they accepted it or they may demand any new ones as it was mentionned on the page.
Nowhere was mentioned they ll send it back,but seeing in practise with examples as yours is relieving.
so you sent pictures 35mmx45mm?
Yes the old size. Someone here told me his family friend application was returned cos of that and that really got me worried bcos of c6 flood of application but am so happy now.

Did you made same mistake?

raphi974

Oct 20, 2017
Yes the old size. Someone here told me his family friend application was returned cos of that and that really got me worried bcos of c6 flood of application but am so happy now.

Did you made same mistake?
yeas the very same i relied blindly on the photographer without checking the specifications by myself.
At worst if they returned i'll send it back right after,if i waste a month too bad,not that dramatic.

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
yeas the very same i relied blindly on the photographer without checking the specifications by myself.
At worst if they returned i'll send it back right after,if i waste a month too bad,not that dramatic.
I always say it depends on the officer. Some officers are picky. The worst scenario is the office might contact you to provide new photos. At least your application is not returned.

Hanzo

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
I always say it depends on the officer. Some officers are picky. The worst scenario is the office might contact you to provide new photos. At least your application is not returned.
According to CIC website under photograph specifications:
- If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed.
I'm assuming that you'll be asked to send new photos instead of returning your whole application. I might be mistaken though.

davidken1

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
According to CIC website under photograph specifications:
- If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed.
I'm assuming that you'll be asked to send new photos instead of returning your whole application. I might be mistaken though.
Yeah you're right. Someone here said it was returned for his friend sometime ago