+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong ADR(PCC) for a place that I never lived

googboog

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
I have received a letter asking for a PCC for the US, where I have never lived, although I have made multiple trips to visit my sister. Those trips were usually for 6-10 days and the total number of days spent in the US is less than 1 month (in my whole life).
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. As you have resided in the USA for 6 months or more, you must provide a scanned copy of an original FBI clearance certificate. Please follow the FBI’s instructions to send your fingerprints and your payment to the Criminal Justice Information Services Division (CJIS Division). The FBI will send you a letter with the results of your record check. That letter will be your police certificate. Please scan and upload your certificate directly through your MyCIC account. Your certificate must be received in our office within 90 days from the date of this letter. Regards, RD Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada www.cic.gc.ca

I'm freaking out now, I had to check my submitted eAPR (using the hack mentioned on other posts) and nowhere does it mention that I spent that amount of time in the US

Has this happened to anyone before? I have sent a letter asking for clarification with details of all the dates that I've visited USA.

Applying inland, medicals have already been cleared

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have received a letter asking for a PCC for the US, where I have never lived, although I have made multiple trips to visit my sister. Those trips were usually for 6-10 days and the total number of days spent in the US is less than 1 month (in my whole life).

I'm freaking out now, I had to check my submitted eAPR (using the hack mentioned on other posts) and nowhere does it mention that I spent that amount of time in the US

Has this happened to anyone before? I have sent a letter asking for clarification with details of all the dates that I've visited USA.

Applying inland, medicals have already been cleared
Could just be a mistake or they could have a reason for requesting it. You can wait for the response or you can go ahead and apply just in case they don't cancel the request.

googboog

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
I sent them a letter with a polite response asking for clarification as i've spent less than a total of 25 days in the US my whole life. I also added the details of all my travels that I had submitted in eAPR for reference.

I'm not going to do an FBI test for this. It's ridiculous.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I sent them a letter with a polite response asking for clarification as i've spent less than a total of 25 days in the US my whole life. I also added the details of all my travels that I had submitted in eAPR for reference.

I'm not going to do an FBI test for this. It's ridiculous.
Perhaps a flag was raised in security/criminality checks and this is required to clear it. If they don't rescind the request, you will have no choice but to get it.

googboog

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
Perhaps a flag was raised in security/criminality checks and this is required to clear it. If they don't rescind the request, you will have no choice but to get it.
I doubt it, I will give them a call tomorrow, they have very clearly stated that "because you stayed in the US for more than six months" as a reason. I will hold until I get a response. Would the FBI even issue a document for someone who's been on their soil for less than a total of 30 days across four trips in ten years?

I do have a lot of travel history and I'm wondering if the weird formatting of the dates being displayed has something to do with it
Year Month Day

googboog

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
I called the ircc, apparently their systems are down and they can't check my profile.
http://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eapp/exit.do

She said that it has happened before that the agent made a mistake and told me to fill out the webform and send it. I'll do that and call again once the systems are back up

I found another thread here where people were rejected for incorrect PCC requests made by the officers and had to call to have their cases reopened. Pretty livid right now but i'm relieved they didn't cancel my application entirely

googboog

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
Called them again and he looked my file, looks like the mistake was on their end. Hope this is resolved soon

anna5

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
Morocco
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
23 Apr 2019
Called them again and he looked my file, looks like the mistake was on their end. Hope this is resolved soon
Hello @googboog
Hope they corrected the mistake.
Let me know please
I have spent 2 months in US and I sent I94 with my passports to CIC with my e-APR application 3 days ago.
Too complicated and long to get FBI PCC from my country.
Please tell me it worked for u.
Best of luck !!

anna5

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
Morocco
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
23 Apr 2019
Have you turned in your I94 slip.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/752/~/i-still-have-my-i-94

it is issued with a 6 month validity and you have to return it before it expires.
@Vprakatoor I dnt remember if I turned in my I94 or not..could u plz guide how can I know ?
I checked my I94 online on cbp website and it shows a deparature date. But I couldnt find deparature stamp on my passport. I dnt know if it is faded as many stamps from other countries in my passports are almost invisible.

I travelled by commercial airlines back to my country from NY

I spent 2 months in US and I hope I wouldnt be requested to bring an FBI PCC.

Vprakatoor

Feb 4, 2019
@Vprakatoor I dnt remember if I turned in my I94 or not..could u plz guide how can I know ?
I checked my I94 online on cbp website and it shows a deparature date. But I couldnt find deparature stamp on my passport. I dnt know if it is faded as many stamps from other countries in my passports are almost invisible.

I travelled by commercial airlines back to my country from NY

I spent 2 months in US and I hope I wouldnt be requested to bring an FBI PCC.
If you came back to canada by flight it will be taken back by an US agent, if you returned by road you have the option to hand it over to a cbsa agent, i don't think there is a way to track this.

Last edited:
Reactions: anna5

anna5

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
Morocco
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
23 Apr 2019
If you came back to canada by flight it will be taken back but if you came back by an US agent, if you returned by road you have the option to hand it over to a cbsa agent, i don't think there is a way to track this.
I got back to Morocco by flight..tnx for ur reply.
So in case I94 is turned in....I won’t be asked to provide FBI PCC...