+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong address on the Biometric Instruction Letter

alfaz2019

Sep 10, 2019
Hi Team,

Hope everyone is having a great time. Just a question ( didnt find anything like this on the internet); So i got my BIL today, and the address on the letter is my old address rather the new one where I am living right now.

The question is, is it still alright to go with the current letter or wait for a reply from the IRCC as i still have access to the old address and it certainly is a mistake at their end rather than mine.

Thanks in advance.

Ps. did anyone else hear about a similar incident of the mistake being from the end of IRCC?

k prabh

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
Hi Team,

Hope everyone is having a great time. Just a question ( didnt find anything like this on the internet); So i got my BIL today, and the address on the letter is my old address rather the new one where I am living right now.

The question is, is it still alright to go with the current letter or wait for a reply from the IRCC as i still have access to the old address and it certainly is a mistake at their end rather than mine.

Thanks in advance.

Ps. did anyone else hear about a similar incident of the mistake being from the end of IRCC?
I am also on same boat as wrong address mentioned on biomterics letter that was totally different from passport address but one time my case was refused now i applying again is there any need to give biometrics again or not ?

penacare

Star Member
May 22, 2017
No. I actually did not. this is the fun part.
But the question is can I still give biometrics or I have to wait for the re-issuance of BIL? Thanks
Hey, were you able to complete your Biometrics without a problem? I am currently in the same situation. I submitted my application and I changed my address before I got the BIL. Althought, I already advise IRCC a month ago I changed addres the BIL is still showing the old address.

vivekvargh

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
We
Hey, were you able to complete your Biometrics without a problem? I am currently in the same situation. I submitted my application and I changed my address before I got the BIL. Althought, I already advise IRCC a month ago I changed addres the BIL is still showing the old address.
Hi was you able to give the biometric after difference in address

niketa_12

May 14, 2022
Hey, I am going through the same issue. They have put my present address on the Biometric Letter and not my Permanent Address which is mentioned on my Passport. Will it cause any problem in the future? If yes, then how do I change it?

Kazim Zaveri

Jul 1, 2023
Need Help!!!
my address on BIL is A1/305 but on passport it is A1/ 5 301. My Biometrics Appointment is on 4th July 2023.Would there be any issue? Someone please help.

Denim14

Jul 22, 2023
Hi there, i applied visitor visa for my parents and my sister. I was unpaid representative. I have received the bio-metric letter for them. I am not sure why the letter states my address in Canada instead of their address in India. Please advice , as they have appointment in 2 days.

Ajs@1

Aug 3, 2023
Hi there, i applied visitor visa for my parents and my sister. I was unpaid representative. I have received the bio-metric letter for them.
Hii,
I am having the same issue have you completed the biometrics was there any issue..

vish kriti

Sep 20, 2022
even I applied for my parents they have received my canada address instead of India address. Could you let me know how did it go for your parents? Where they able to give their biometrics with your canada address

vish kriti

Sep 20, 2022
Hi there, i applied visitor visa for my parents and my sister. I was unpaid representative. I have received the bio-metric letter for them. I am not sure why the letter states my address in Canada instead of their address in India. Please advice , as they have appointment in 2 days.

vish kriti

Sep 20, 2022
even I applied for my parents they have received my canada address instead of India address. Could you let me know how did it go for your parents? Where they able to give their biometrics with your canada address