+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Written Decision?

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
Hi All.

My wife and children had applied for PRTD last Sep 2017 on Humanitarian Grounds.

I have also registered in the CIC website for checking the status.

Last month for 2 of my kids We have received a online message with Refusal Letter as attachment.

The letter States that they are entitled for PRTD as they have been once in Canada out of 365 days before sending the application . The letter also states that they have to appeal to IAD within 60 days after receiving the written Decision from CIC. They letter says they need to fill the Notice of appeal form and send it along with the letter.

My wife and other kid dint receive any email or refusal letter.

It's almost 30 days since the refusal letter has been uploaded online for 2 of my kids.

I was expecting a hard copy of the refusal letter along with the Passport.

Till now we have not received and the status on VFS website says still under processing.

Now what should I do?
What is the meaning of written decision? . Is it applicable for soft copy ?
Why have not they sent letter for my wife and other kid?

Shall I consider this as final decision and appeal for IAD or wait for the Hard copy and passports which are still in the embassy?

Only 30 days left for to appeal if I consider the soft copy as final decision.

Thank You.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi All.

My wife and children had applied for PRTD last Sep 2017 on Humanitarian Grounds.

I have also registered in the CIC website for checking the status.

Last month for 2 of my kids We have received a online message with Refusal Letter as attachment.

The letter States that they are entitled for PRTD as they have been once in Canada out of 365 days before sending the application . The letter also states that they have to appeal to IAD within 60 days after receiving the written Decision from CIC. They letter says they need to fill the Notice of appeal form and send it along with the letter.

My wife and other kid dint receive any email or refusal letter.

It's almost 30 days since the refusal letter has been uploaded online for 2 of my kids.

I was expecting a hard copy of the refusal letter along with the Passport.

Till now we have not received and the status on VFS website says still under processing.

Now what should I do?
What is the meaning of written decision? . Is it applicable for soft copy ?
Why have not they sent letter for my wife and other kid?

Shall I consider this as final decision and appeal for IAD or wait for the Hard copy and passports which are still in the embassy?

Only 30 days left for to appeal if I consider the soft copy as final decision.

Thank You.
It is very difficult if not impossible to offer much if any assistance at this level.

When in doubt, it is probably prudent to perfect an appeal, since the failure to timely make the appeal can close the door no matter how strong the case is for an appeal. BUT your questions probably should be answered by a LAWYER with full access to all the relevant details and the actual communications.

A difficult situation, no doubt. Sorry I cannot help much at all.

Reactions: canuck78

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
It is very difficult if not impossible to offer much if any assistance at this level.

When in doubt, it is probably prudent to perfect an appeal, since the failure to timely make the appeal can close the door no matter how strong the case is for an appeal. BUT your questions probably should be answered by a LAWYER with full access to all the relevant details and the actual communications.

A difficult situation, no doubt. Sorry I cannot help much at all.
Thanks for the reply

Received refusal letter along g with PRTD RX-1 Visa