+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Written Authorization requirement: case (Study + OPW)

swomid

Aug 8, 2020
My wife's Study Permit and my Open Work Permit (both temporary) are approved recently. We applied together in the same application with my wife being the main applicant. Do I need a written authorization to enter Canada (I have OPW)?
We received two doses of an approved vaccine and 14 days have passed from the date of the second dose.

I am really confused about this and I observe such confusion in other threads as well. I think the authorization letter must not be required since, in my OPW application, I already declared my need to accompany my wife while she is studying in Canada. There are inconsistencies in the information provided on CIC's website, or at least I can not figure it out.

itspayel

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
My wife's Study Permit and my Open Work Permit (both temporary) are approved recently. We applied together in the same application with my wife being the main applicant. Do I need a written authorization to enter Canada (I have OPW)?
We received two doses of an approved vaccine and 14 days have passed from the date of the second dose.

I am really confused about this and I observe such confusion in other threads as well. I think the authorization letter must not be required since, in my OPW application, I already declared my need to accompany my wife while she is studying in Canada. There are inconsistencies in the information provided on CIC's website, or at least I can not figure it out.
Can you please tell me from which country did you apply and when you submitted your application. I have also applied with my spouse but no update since may

Last edited:

chinkal

Apr 27, 2021

Have you tried using the below sites to check if you can enter? I am also traveling in the coming weeks from the USA. Based on the result it says I'm likely to allow but I am still confused. Hope it helps.
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start

Mikelimimo

Jul 9, 2021
I and my spouse applied same but nothing yet. Please tell us when you applied?

As for the written authorization, I have read severally where some said they didn't allow them to board without providing it while some others board without it. All in all apply for it to be on a safe side

Peace