+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Writing about gap and results on Study Plan

Harunbb

Feb 8, 2016
Hello,

I'm a newly admitted undergraduate student of Concordia University. I completed my secondary level in August 2014, So I have study gap. Do I have to write what I did during this time in my study plan?
There are certain questions in my IMM5850E about study plan and none of them asks for an explanation of gap or my academic results. As they will get my results of previous academic exams in transcripts, do I have to mention my results in study plan? Because I'm trying to make my study plan short and straight forward, finished within one page as it is said in my form.

Thank you in advance. Below are the questions of my IMM5850E-

Study Plan: Submit a one page study plan which answers the following questions and
includes any other information relevant to the processing of your application:
 Why do you wish to study in Canada in the program for which you have been
accepted?
 What is your overall educational goal?
 Why are you not pursuing a similar program in your country of residence or
citizenship?
 How will this program enhance your employment opportunities in your country of
residence or citizenship?
 What ties do you have to your country of residence or citizenship?
 If it has been more than two years since you have left full-time education, please
provide your C.V.
 In the case of a minor applicant, what are your reasons for wishing to study in
Canada? What is your parents or guardians immigration status in their current
country of residence?

chlo.eee

Mar 18, 2016
"Do I have to mention my results in study plan?"
No. It is not necessary. The fact that Concordia offered you a place to study (especially if an official offer, as opposed to conditional offer), shows that your academic achievements have been reviewed and are approved of. Reference it only if it is to support your overall educational goals, e.g. you've done well in X area, and wish to pursue XY...

Do I have to write what I did during this time in my study plan?
Yes. If you have gained relevant work experience, it could be useful to mention it. How have the last two years led you to your decision to pursue your studies at Concordia/Canada?

Harunbb

Feb 8, 2016
Thank you for the response :) If I don't have to mention them then I guess I can make the study plan shorter and straight to the point.