+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Write to Your MP, get a refund

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
Hi everyone,
I know that some restaurants have the service. If you can not get your order within 20 minutes, it will be free.
Why not ask your MPs to pass the new law? Anyone who applies for citizenship for more than one year should get a refund.

I kindly ask anyone who agrees with me to sign here. Nickname is fine.

I promise that if I can collect more than 2000 signatures.
I will print out this post and send it to all 24 MPs in Metro Vancouver personally.

If you want to write to your MP, please collect as much as a signature you can.

Reactions: rubz9911

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
Hi everyone,
I know that some restaurants have the service. If you can not get your order within 20 minutes, it will be free.
Why not ask your MPs to pass the new law? Anyone who applies for citizenship for more than one year should get a refund.

I kindly ask anyone who agrees with me to sign here. Nickname is fine.

I promise that if I can collect more than 2000 signatures.
I will print out this post and send it to all 24 MPs in Metro Vancouver personally.

If you want to write to your MP, please collect as much as a signature you can.
the problem is restaurants make money, government doesn't. If you're tired of waiting for your meal go to a different restaurant, you don't have that option with IRCC

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
Thank you for your reply. The government taxes us and is therefore responsible for us. If there is no other option other than IRCC, then the only option is that they should provide better services.

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
Thank you for your reply. The government taxes us and is therefore responsible for us. If there is no other option other than IRCC, then the only option is that they should provide better services.
haha, in an ideal world yes, good luck in doing what you are doing but I'd rather wait

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I feel for you, it's infuriating to wait more than a year for something like this.

But do keep in mind what you're suggesting - you're saying that all Canadians should pay more in taxes so that non-Canadians can become Canadians faster. Alternatively, you're suggesting that another government service should be funded less so that IRCC gets more.

The incremental cost would be tiny, or if funds were re-assigned, it would likely be negligible in some large programs. But do keep in mind that this is what you're saying, and that the (insular, xenophobic) Canadian voters typically do not like the idea of paying taxes to support non-Canadians (even if they're PRs).

Reactions: rubz9911

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
But the problem is that our goal is not to settle with refund. Its not about the refund money which will compensate for the service we seek.

We need the service to be provided at normal speed than being dead slow.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
While is is frustrating when your application is delayed, what you are proposing is more fantasy than reality. It would be all fun to talk about refunds if your application is processed late but when you think about the prospects of this idea ever materializing, it is practically zero.

There have been talks going on about removing the fee requirement for Citizenship applications. Until that happens, once you pay the fee and they started processing your application, it is extremely unlikely you'll get your money back (only the Right of Citizenship Fee will be refunded).

Last edited:

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Funny post :)

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
Clearly IRCC is not inclined to take the option you have offered them. So, you have another option?

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
I’m not sure how realistic or helpful it might be, but definitely I won’t call it funny !!
To me it is funny because person compares little bussiness to federal government.to me it does not make any sense. The person who started thread should read discover canada book. Everything is explained there

Reactions: abrakadabra

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
But the problem is that our goal is not to settle with refund. Its not about the refund money which will compensate for the service we seek.

We need the service to be provided at normal speed than being dead slow.
Refunds will not affect your citizenship.
If you can get a refund after got your citizenship, why not?

This is the best way to communicate with IRCC.

Many people ask MPs for helping, and MPs wrote to IRCC.
But it does not speed up the processing speed.

MP’s job is to write a bill. This is how our democracy works.
I will definitely vote for the MP who fights for us.
MP knows well that you will have the right to vote immediately. This is the biggest difference between permanent residents and citizens.

IRCC only listens to the MP who proposed the bill.
This is the best way to accelerate IRCC processing.

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
To me it is funny because person compares little bussiness to federal government.to me it does not make any sense. The person who started thread should read discover canada book. Everything is explained there
I will be very happy if you can tell me which page it is.