+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WP stuck at secondary clearance

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
Hello all, I have applied Lmia based WP in October 2022.. got medical request in March 2023 and passed it. Afterwards the application is just under secondary clearance since 20th March. There have been no updates since then. Got GCMS notes in June all looks OK. Just security under admissibility is blank. All other sections including criminality is passed and info sharing completed. What steps can I take or how long it will take for the secondary clearance to be completed.
Here's the gcms notes screen grab for security section.
https://ibb.co/PrcjPTy
@Naturgrl please advise.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all, I have applied Lmia based WP in October 2022.. got medical request in March 2023 and passed it. Afterwards the application is just under secondary clearance since 20th March. There have been no updates since then. Got GCMS notes in June all looks OK. Just security under admissibility is blank. All other sections including criminality is passed and info sharing completed. What steps can I take or how long it will take for the secondary clearance to be completed.
Here's the gcms notes screen grab for security section.
https://ibb.co/PrcjPTy
@Naturgrl please advise.
What about eligibility, has it been completed? Where are you from? Do you live in country of citizenship? Lived in multiple countries If not secondary clearance can take a while, as your documents are being rechecked outside of the embassy. Has employer contacted IRCC?

Assume you are applying alone.

Last edited:

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
What about eligibility, has it been completed? Where are you from? Do you live in country of citizenship? Lived in multiple countries If not secondary clearance can take a while, as your documents are being rechecked outside of the embassy. Has employer contacted IRCC?

Assume you are applying alone.
@Naturgrl thanks for the reply.
Eligibility showed as completed under application tracker and GC key shows background is still under check. I'm from Pakistan been living and working in Malaysia. Applied from Malaysia so VO is in Singapore. They asked for PCC from Malaysia only for myself and spouse which I already provided in March 2023. Employer told me they will contact with authorities in Canada why its taking this long.
Just FYI, I applied with family (spouse and kids) Also, since they did not ask for Pakistan's PCC just Malaysia's. Do you think sending it without a request will help in any way?

Last edited: