+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WP for Change in Position Stuck and Delayed

rainyjamwal

Mar 9, 2022
Hi all,

I am facing a very weird situation at the moment, my employer has promoted me to a higher position which will pay me better. All I need is a new work permit. I applied for a new permit on December 15th, 2021. I read online that after submitting such an application one can raise a web form with the text "PPCHANGEWORK2020" - Extend or change the conditions on your work permit: Changing jobs or employers - Canada.ca

I raised such a web form but got a reply from IRCC :

I have reviewed the information provided in your IRCC Webform submission.
You did not submit a request for consideration under the Temporary Public Policy to Exempt Foreign Nationals in Canada from Certain Requirements when Changing Employment During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic. You have not provided sufficient information to confirm that you have submitted an application for an employer-specific work permit, which is required for eligibility for the public policy.
You may submit a request by following the instructions for Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Visitors, foreign workers, and students.

After this, I submitted 2 times again with all documents attached in the application, but both times same reply. I am not sure what is going wrong here.
Currently, I am stuck waiting, unable to start working at a new position and I risk losing this position to someone else. Also no progress w.r.t. to my application as well.

Did anyone face a similar situation? Any suggestion what to do.

Thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,

I am facing a very weird situation at the moment, my employer has promoted me to a higher position which will pay me better. All I need is a new work permit. I applied for a new permit on December 15th, 2021. I read online that after submitting such an application one can raise a web form with the text "PPCHANGEWORK2020" - Extend or change the conditions on your work permit: Changing jobs or employers - Canada.ca

I raised such a web form but got a reply from IRCC :

I have reviewed the information provided in your IRCC Webform submission.
You did not submit a request for consideration under the Temporary Public Policy to Exempt Foreign Nationals in Canada from Certain Requirements when Changing Employment During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic. You have not provided sufficient information to confirm that you have submitted an application for an employer-specific work permit, which is required for eligibility for the public policy.
You may submit a request by following the instructions for Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Visitors, foreign workers, and students.

After this, I submitted 2 times again with all documents attached in the application, but both times same reply. I am not sure what is going wrong here.
Currently, I am stuck waiting, unable to start working at a new position and I risk losing this position to someone else. Also no progress w.r.t. to my application as well.

Did anyone face a similar situation? Any suggestion what to do.

Thanks!
So you are on a closed work permit and changing positions? Do you have a new LMIA for the position or has your employer filed for LMIA exemption through the Employer Portal?

rainyjamwal

Mar 9, 2022
So you are on a closed work permit and changing positions? Do you have a new LMIA for the position or has your employer filed for LMIA exemption through the Employer Portal?
That's right I am on a closed work permit with LMIA exemption.

rainyjamwal

Mar 9, 2022
But what about your new position? Your employer has an approved LMIA exemption.
For my new position, they provided my new offer and support letter, also paid a new compliance fee, and mentioned a new LMIA exempt number in my offer letter which I submitted with my application. I had sent the same offer letter in the web form as well to get the letter to change job but nothing happened.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
For my new position, they provided my new offer and support letter, also paid a new compliance fee, and mentioned a new LMIA exempt number in my offer letter which I submitted with my application. I had sent the same offer letter in the web form as well to get the letter to change job but nothing happened.
Mmm…not sure as you seem to check off all the requirements. Contact IRCC and find out why.

saradak

Apr 20, 2022
@rainyjamwal can i ask you how long did idcc take to reply to your webform? i am in the same situation and i sent a web form 5 weeks ago with no reply yet. thanks