+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WP extension filed 2 mos before expiry, am I on implied status?

Apryl

Sep 24, 2009
Hi. I would like for you guys to enlighten me about my circumstances.

I am a TFW under the Low-Skilled Pilot Project category. I came to Canada in March 2008 and was given a work permit valid only until October 2009, based on the validity of both my passport and visa. I have since renewed my passport and it is now valid until 2013. I filed for an extension of my work permit in August 2009 on the same conditions, attaching my original LMO (it is valid until November 2009), and a renewed contract with the same employer. Please note that my work permit is 5 months short of the 24-month work permit that I was eligible for as TFW under the Pilot Project.

That having been said, did I do it right in filing for the extension? Is it possible at all to have my work permit extended to at least until the rest of the 24 months that I was eligible for? If I don't hear from CPC Vegrevile until after the expiry of my work permit in October 2009, will I then be on implied status and still be able to work for the same employer?

Thanks.

wilbert

Sep 25, 2009
can any one help us this kind of problem,we have the same problem help us please..
thanks and more power im looking forward to

wilbert

Sep 25, 2009
hi apryl,
wat is now the situation of ur problem any solution for it,,., if there is improvement can u buzz me up here coz we have the same problem thanks a lot im looking forward for it

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apryl said:
That having been said, did I do it right in filing for the extension? Is it possible at all to have my work permit extended to at least until the rest of the 24 months that I was eligible for? If I don't hear from CPC Vegrevile until after the expiry of my work permit in October 2009, will I then be on implied status and still be able to work for the same employer?

Thanks.
Yes, you did the right thing. No one can say for sure what CPC Vegreville will do but from what you wrote, you shouldn't have any problems. And yes, you are now on implied status and able to work for the same employer.

Apryl

Sep 24, 2009
Hey Wilbert when did you file for your WP extension? Have you heard anything from CPC Vegreville yet? My applicatiion was received last August 6 but still nothing from them as of the moment. Please update me on yours too.

Also please check out vipertabz' post which is similar to our circumstances.

Regards.

wilbert

Sep 25, 2009
hi apryl,,,, i have not yet file my WP extension, actually i arrived here in canada last january2009 and my WP together with my visa and passport will expire nxt year august2010. so i have 5months more left inorder to finish my contract as TWP in 24months,.. so when i read your situation the same as my situation to..,,
goodbless and goodluck and i think your come up with positive solution to it im looking forward to it

duns

Sep 2, 2009
Hi guys,

I was on a Post Graduation work pemit and it got expired in sept and now I am on an Implied status.I had applied for my work permit extension and my employer applied for my LMO which got rejected twice.The LMO wants to knwo if I am an employee with them.SO my employer gave thme my pay deduction details and reappealed again.So I am now really worried if I will get my LMO approved this time.
I did my Masters here.So is there any advantage of sending the details of my degree certificate to the LMO guys to let them know that I am a qualified person from canada itself?Please advise me how shuld I handle this incase my LMO get rejected again?I had applied for my PR and the file is in process.Please advise me if there is any other option for me to stay back.

Thanks

S

safii

hi,
did u renew ur visa from canada or u went ur home country for that?
when did u apply for extensionof work permit.after ur first permit exipry or before that?

Apryl

Sep 24, 2009
Safii I haven't renewed my visa yet as I am still waiting for my work permit extension approval. I sent the application for extension in August, 3 months before my first work permit's expiry, but still no word from CPC Vegreville as of the moment. I have been told that right now I am on implied status until it comes out. I can work for the same employer.