+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WP expires in Nov, applied new WP, but need to visit India in Dec for Marriage

nik6

Nov 3, 2012
Hi there... In the age of Facebook good to see lot may active friends in here!!!

I have a situation. My work permit expires in Nov 30. I have got my PNP and have already applied for Work Permit Extension on 14 Oct, 2012. As per latest CIC timing, it takes 66 days to get it processed. But I am scheduled to visit my home Country on 16 Dec for my marriage. So, I have maximum 60 days to get it. In India, everything is well planned and I can not delay or cancel my marriage, it cost a lot!!! Now following are my question:

1. Can I leave Canada, and will I be able to come back without any problem or risk?

2. What if my work permit arrives after I leave this country?

2.5 What if my friend mail the WP to my home address and then I will apply for Multiple Visa entry from New Delhi?

3. What are other option?

4. Has anybody experienced getting WP well before regular processing time?

Please help, everybody is worried about this at my home?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
nik6 said:
1. Can I leave Canada, and will I be able to come back without any problem or risk?
Well, you need a TRV to return, so as long as you have one, you shouldn't have an issue returning.

Note, however, that you are no longer covered by implied status once you have left Canada, so even if you re-enter you cannot work.

nik6 said:
2. What if my work permit arrives after I leave this country?
Not an issue - your work permit will then be on record and a BSO can look it up (though it will probably require a trip to secondary inspection for that). Alternatively, you may have someone in Canada forward it to you outside Canada.

nik6 said:
2.5 What if my friend mail the WP to my home address and then I will apply for Multiple Visa entry from New Delhi?
You can certainly do that.

nik6 said:
3. What are other option?
Well it sounds like you need a new TRV anyway, so that limits what you can do. Hopefully others will have further suggestions.

nik6 said:
4. Has anybody experienced getting WP well before regular processing time?
Not me. I actually just withdrew my WP renewal application - we submitted on paper in August and last I looked the processing time was up over 100 days - and it took long enough my last PR application went into process (early September), received PPR and the COPR, and landed - and I still had at five more weeks to go before they were going to get to the WP.

From your timing, it sounds likely that it'll show up while you are gone, so get your TRV while you are getting married.

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. Don't forget to add your spouse to your PR application!