+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WP Application

wings149

Star Member
Aug 23, 2022
Hi Guys,
Just wondering if anyone is having the same experience as us.

My wife is a Nurse and was told that she qualified for the GSS which means they will process your work permit application in around two weeks. We understood this might be subject to a delay but she submitted her application online from the UK in mid-August. So just over 3.5 months ago and she has still not heard a thing. There doesn't appear to be any progress on her application at all. She completed her upfront medical and submitted that with her application but still nothing.
The health authority is pushing to get her over ASAP. You cannot call the IRCC helpline from the UK and she submitted a form just over a week ago to see if there is anything she can do to speed things up but has not heard anything back. Obviously, she can't resign from her current role until she has the work permit and then will be on a 3-month notice period. Meanwhile, the housing market here is falling into a bad state and we are not yet able to sell the house as who knows how much longer the process will take.
Does anyone have any advice or is it just a case of sitting and waiting to be called?
Thanks all.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Guys,

My wife is a Nurse and was told that she qualified for the GSS which means they will process your work permit application in around two weeks. We understood this might be subject to a delay but she submitted her application online from the UK in mid-August. So just over 3.5 months ago and she has still not heard a thing. There doesn't appear to be any progress on her application at all. She completed her upfront medical and submitted that with her application but still nothing.
The health authority is pushing to get her over ASAP. You cannot call the IRCC helpline from the UK and she submitted a form just over a week ago to see if there is anything she can do to speed things up but has not heard anything back. Obviously, she can't resign from her current role until she has the work permit and then will be on a 3-month notice period. Meanwhile, the housing market here is falling into a bad state and we are not yet able to sell the house as who knows how much longer the process will take.
Does anyone have any advice or is it just a case of sitting and waiting to be called?
Thanks all.
Unfortunately it's very normal for GSS processing to be taking months right now. We've seen very very few people make it through recently in just a few weeks. Look through the other GSS threads in this section of the forum for recent processing times.

There is no way to expedite / speed up processing unfortunately.

Reactions: wings149

wings149

Star Member
Aug 23, 2022
Unfortunately it's very normal for GSS processing to be taking months right now. We've seen very very few people make it through recently in just a few weeks. Look through the other GSS threads in this section of the forum for recent processing times.

There is no way to expedite / speed up processing unfortunately.
Thanks you for your reply. Although not good news, at least it’s “normal” I suppose will just wait it out. Thanks again. :)

May 21, 2022
Hi Guys,

Thanks all.
mine was GSS too, it got approved last month(9 months in total). I hear things are moving faster now. I know few who applied 4 months back and they got an update last week. Hang in there,

Reactions: wings149

wings149

Star Member
Aug 23, 2022
mine was GSS too, it got approved last month(9 months in total). I hear things are moving faster now. I know few who applied 4 months back and they got an update last week. Hang in there,
Wow 9 months? That’s a lot longer than the two weeks they suggest. Thanks for this. That’s reassuring to know: just helps us manage what we can sort now and a realistic timeframe we are working towards. Good luck with yours.