+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wow..1 month and COPR received

denokarter

Mar 11, 2015
Hi Everyone

I sponsored my american wife through Outland application in April . Today i received a letter with the heading Confirmation of Permanent Residence and at the bottom there are remarks for an Officer to sign !!

So does this mean my wife just has to cross the boarder and she will receive a permanent residence card and a social insurance card ?

Thank You !

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017
denokarter said:
Hi Everyone

I sponsored my american wife through Outland application in April . Today i received a letter with the heading Confirmation of Permanent Residence and at the bottom there are remarks for an Officer to sign !!

So does this mean my wife just has to cross the boarder and she will receive a permanent residence card and a social insurance card ?

Thank You !
Yes...Congrats! :D

2calgary

Jan 21, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
denokarter said:
Hi Everyone

Thank You !
awsome.....she is citizen of US? or PR?

denokarter

Mar 11, 2015
we applied outland but shes actually living with me in toronto , i guess were just going to go to niagara falls U.S and cross and have them sign the papers !

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
denokarter said:

Thank You !
Yes, to land, she can "flagpole" with the US, meaning she can go to the US border, tell them she wants to land as a canadian PR, and they will give her a piece of paper to present at the CAnadian Border. Once there, she just tells the primary agent she is there to land, she will go into secondary and will do the landing process with the officer.

she won't receive the permanent resident card at landing. The officers will sign, stamp and attach her COPR to her passport, and this is what she can use to get her SIN#, OHIP, etc. The COPR will be accepted anywhere a permanent resident card is needed. The CBSA officer will submit the application for her PR card, and she will receive it later. It can take anywhere from 2-6+ months to receive it, depending on if new pictures are requested. For US citizens, the PR card is not essential for traveling. The COPR and passport will work just fine.

SIN #s are not provided at landing, as this is not a CIC function, it's a service canada function. She will need to go to the service canada office in your area with her passport and COPR to get a number before she can work. There are no cards anymore. She will receive a piece of paper with the number on it.

denokarter

Mar 11, 2015
CDNPR2014 said:
Yes, to land, she can "flagpole" with the US, meaning she can go to the US border, tell them she wants to land as a canadian PR, and they will give her a piece of paper to present at the CAnadian Border. Once there, she just tells the primary agent she is there to land, she will go into secondary and will do the landing process with the officer.

she won't receive the permanent resident card at landing. The officers will sign, stamp and attach her COPR to her passport, and this is what she can use to get her SIN#, OHIP, etc. The COPR will be accepted anywhere a permanent resident card is needed. The CBSA officer will submit the application for her PR card, and she will receive it later. It can take anywhere from 2-6+ months to receive it, depending on if new pictures are requested. For US citizens, the PR card is not essential for traveling. The COPR and passport will work just fine.

SIN #s are not provided at landing, as this is not a CIC function, it's a service canada function. She will need to go to the service canada office in your area with her passport and COPR to get a number before she can work. There are no cards anymore. She will receive a piece of paper with the number on it.

thank you so much for your information !

There is a condition #51 must cohabit in a relationship for 2 years after the day on which became PR. Not sure why the condition we been married for less then 2 years but been dating for much longer.

I think were just going to attend a CIC office in mississauga and have it over with, i believe we have to call and make an appoint first.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
denokarter said:
thank you so much for your information !

There is a condition #51 must cohabit in a relationship for 2 years after the day on which became PR. Not sure why the condition we been married for less then 2 years but been dating for much longer.

I think were just going to attend a CIC office in mississauga and have it over with, i believe we have to call and make an appoint first.
condition #51 IS for people who have been married/commonlaw for less than 2 years and have no children. How long you were dating is irrelevant to the condition.

Yes, you would have to call to get an appointment. Keep in mind, generally, it takes weeks or months to get an appointment at a visa office, so if you want to get it done quickly, it's best to drive to the border.

denokarter

Mar 11, 2015
CDNPR2014 said:
condition #51 IS for people who have been married/commonlaw for less than 2 years and have no children. How long you were dating is irrelevant to the condition.

Yes, you would have to call to get an appointment. Keep in mind, generally, it takes weeks or months to get an appointment at a visa office, so if you want to get it done quickly, it's best to drive to the border.
ahhhhh thanks again !

Im going to give them a call and see what the timeline is otherwise the boarder it is !

cheers !

denokarter

Mar 11, 2015
great ....

phone numbers are no where to be listed on the website for the CIC office in GTA

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp

S_and_C

Star Member
Apr 12, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11, 2016 (recd June 13 by CIC)
AOR Received.
June 30, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: August 11, 2016
Med's Done....
Up Front: May 5, 2016
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Wow, congratulations on getting COPR in 1 month. I really hope that's an indication that they are processing things faster these days. My wife is in the Philippines and the CIC site says 12 months processing whereas US says 15 months. So according to that calculation we should get ours somewhere between 3-4 weeks. ;D We will be ready to submit our app in about 2 weeks as we just need our MC and AOM now, and then she will send everything to me so we can apply.

Congrats again :)

Elm3

May 25, 2016
App. Filed.......
11-05-2016
AOR Received.
30-05-2016
File Transfer...
26-07-2016
Med's Request
29-07-2016
Med's Done....
02-08-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2016
LANDED..........
Soon
denokarter said:
Hi Everyone

Thank You !
Congrats :D

kitty_T

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2015
Doc's Request.
24-12-2015/ 02-03-2016
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2015
Med's Request
upfront- received 02-04-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2016
LANDED..........
27-06-2016
S_and_C said:
Wow, congratulations on getting COPR in 1 month. I really hope that's an indication that they are processing things faster these days. My wife is in the Philippines and the CIC site says 12 months processing whereas US says 15 months. So according to that calculation we should get ours somewhere between 3-4 weeks. ;D We will be ready to submit our app in about 2 weeks as we just need our MC and AOM now, and then she will send everything to me so we can apply.

Congrats again :)
Hi S_and_C

i dont want to discourage you in anyway, but ijust want you also to take into consideration your application might take longer.

ithink denokarter's application was processed in Ottawa. their processing its way to fast than other offices.
having said that, iam in the September application group and only a few Manila's visa applicants have received their PPR. and this only happend in May. please check it out if you have time and also check the Manila timeline thread. it will give you a good indication of how long you should expect.

am hoping you get processed quicker, and the officer who processes your app will be fast.
good luck, try submitting everything at once.

o6ocpaka

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2015
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-12-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
11-11-2015
denokarter said:
Hi Everyone

Thank You !
wow good for you ;D, never heard about the whole application being done this fast before. 2 months for us was just the first stage SA approval haha

denokarter

Mar 11, 2015
thanks guys

one thing i did was send the application with everything ! medical, fbi report ect, clear evidence , clear answers to questions , very organized ( thanks to my wife)

but i didnt expect it this fast either, cic ottawa is quick !